Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas,
I need help with fixing my targa top. The right rear housing for the screw has come loose. I can see the bolts that hold down the housing to the roof but am not familiar with taking apart the targa top.

Does anyone have pics, shop manual on this repair, or suggestions?

I already looked on the mkiv.com site and there is very little instructions on repairing the top.

Thanks for all your help!

Rich
93.5 TT BPU + Auto Blk/Blk

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found the thread to tearing down the targa top.

Good information:
http://www.supraforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16280&highlight=targa

Instructions:
"...Then remove the roof ,place upside down on a peice of carpet.Remove the screw at each end of weatherstrip,4 total.Remove the 5 screws each side from under the weatherstrip rails and pull off the rail from the sport roof.You can leave the weatherstrips in the rails just peel up enough to axcess the screws.Remove the targa head liner by gently prying up around the edges with a plastic putty knife 9 clips total.Now you can see the "nut plates" on each side. Remove the adjustment bolts for the plate [2]. You might need to bend off the locating "tabs"and or cut the nut off for the plate inorder to slide the plate out of the sport roof.Slide ,pry gently,weasle out the plate from the sport roof.Now you can have a body shop or machine shop grind off the "plate nut" and weld a 8mm flattwasher and a 6mm x 1.0 nut to the "plate" to repair.I'd find a good body shop to do this instead of a dealer.The body shops repair labor are generally 1/2 the labor of a dealer. "

Thanks Curt!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts