Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this car for a few years and ran it for about a year with the E-Bay manifold and a Holset turbo. I did a lot of research into the aftermarket manifolds like 6-Boost, Full Race, LoveFab, and others and I decided that we could make our own. A friend owns a shop and we decided that we'd give it a shot. We're making a kig off of my manifold so we will be able to make more if anyone is interested once mine is finished and tested. So far I am very impressed with the outcome and am excited to see the end product and it's performance. Check out some pics of our progress so far......

Some pics of the car and set up before the new manifold.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New pic, all welded up.........

New updates:

Starting to put the final touches on, new one piece I/C pipes powder coated and new DP.

Car is done and running, we did a very conservative street tune at 15psi and this thing is an animal!! The sound is amazing, the fitment is perfect, and I couldn't be happier with the quality. It will hopefully see dyno time in the next week or so. My tuner is out of town and I just don't trust myself to do it so we will have to wait. Here's a few more pics, I'll try and get some better ones when I have time and it's nice out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car made it to the dyno finally, first pull on the quick street tune Alex did put down 394WHP and just under 300RWTQ @16PSI. We were both pretty surprised how well it did right off the bat. The boost controller gave us a fight and was way too sensitive to get just right so I may be looking into new options here. Alex worked some magic and got the car to hold pretty steady around 18.5-19psi. With some minor tweaking it put down 435RWHP and I believe 309RWTQ? I'm waiting for Alex to email me the sheet, it may have made more TQ. With some more tweaks I'm positive we would have made more but I ran out of injector. The last run had the injectors at 100% so we shut it down there until I get a new fuel system.

Some more shots of the car, videos should be up later today.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Couple videos from the dyno, these were all just Alex trying to get the boost control right. I guess my buddy never got any full runs on camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OHgo9shFwg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVHIDEM6VJs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKRhJw--xd8

Car made it back and did very well. It made 471whp on pump and 19psi and was probably a little heat soaked when it did. I'm sure Alex will chime in with some details as I wasn't there for these runs. On C16 it made a pretty consistent 584whp @ around 28psi and from what I was told was also getting pretty heat soaked. After letting it cool down Alex made one more pull and put down 613whp on the C16. After talking with Alex and looking at the graphs I know this run could have been cleaned up a little and probably would have put down more but the decision was made not to push much harder than that and there were other people waiting in line for the man himself. I'm not planning on pushing this motor any harder until I have my new bottom end built and ready for action. I didn't drive the car far on the C16 tune but the few miles I drive it this thing was a complete animal. It's no slouch on the pump gas tune either.

·
"Granite"
3,113 Posts
Great looking build! When you putting a kouki front end on that s14? Sorry not a big zenki fan, but car looks awesome! Great power I see too

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking into my options for the exterior but I'm in the middle of an RB30 build now so that comes first. I'd like to go Kouki with some nice simple JDM Aero.

·
"Granite"
3,113 Posts
I'd like to go Kouki with some nice simple JDM Aero.
yes that will look good, my buddy did that with some G35 wheels, looked great, also removed that stock wing and put the Sylvia style, with a drag wing, looked great

1 - 7 of 7 Posts