Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
re: 1jzgte got owned attn:awdthis

I offered to buy back this harness from you for what you paid because you were unhappy with it I was going to buy the second one back but you hacked it up what kind of warranty do you want me to give on something you cut yourself? I called robert numerous times and got his mom on the phone because he was out at work or something and doesnt have a cell phone( his mom answered the phone and doesnt speak english). look if you want a refund i aggreed already if you want to flame me all over the boards then keep the harness. there are lot more running 1jz's with my harnesses then your measly 2 harnesses 1 of which you hacked up. dont look for sympathy from everyone on this board when you are getting a full refund.

·
Registered
288 Posts
hkspower said:
I offered to buy back this harness from you for what you paid because you were unhappy with it I was going to buy the second one back but you hacked it up what kind of warranty do you want me to give on something you cut yourself?
Sounds reasonable to me.

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
yap, someone forgot to mention in their posts about how they took it uipon themselves to cut the harness.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi mike this is Robert. I just want you to know that both post were put at the same time. you say it was hacked it wasent we just merely remove one clip off of it because you keep the original air temp sensor. I will talk to my friend in regards to this post since your willing to buy the harness back. But understand one thing we just had to vent.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I assume ur mike urbano? yea the harness you did that was on suprafluous' car was a pile of crap, we had to buy a new harness and redo the whole thing. runs perfect now. I'd ask for a refund but that was a loong time ago and we sent that harness to arnout originally to get him to fix it, well he never gave it back to us in 6 months time. But he did say it was a complete hack job, we let him keep the POS. Maybe you do good work now, or that was a fluke, but it caused us alot of undue stress.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the base harnesses are new and all the connectors i add are new with the exception of connectors not available here like the hydro fan solenoid connector and air temp all the pins are new and wire is new nothing is used from the old harness with the exception of the stuff mentioned above.

·
kaizen Motorsports
1,402 Posts
I have the 900 dollar harness that Mike did and it worked fine for me. It was made the same way that Roberts was made, and every other one out there. Nick has one in his 2jz powered MK3 and many other projects that I have done, Have Mikes harness in them. I don’t want it any other way. I just woke up and saw this, and I think its bull shiet that most of you talk shiet about a member that has tried to help the community so much.

Nobody is perfect, and I have been witness of many of the harnesses that Mike makes, and when they leave his Shop, they look new and clean, with no mess in the wires, and sometimes they come back like if it was a used harness.

Robert you have my Number and my email, you have Mike’s number and if he doesn’t pick up, all you have to do is leave a message. Things could be fixed if there was a little better communication between two parties, but that is half the battle.

Thanks to Mike’s Harness my swap was done in two days, running 100%. I later dyno the car and it put down 280 RWHP. There are people on this forum that are fighting electrical problems, and I’m glad I’m not one of them. I enjoy my car and I’m pleased to know that my runs great everyday. My hydro fan works like it should, and everything else inside the car.

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Typical new member bull shit (i see his 27 posts) Mike is a stellar guy that has done a great deal for myself in my swap. This Robert guy obviously has spent NO TIME ATALL on the forums, rushes right into buying a harness from someone he doesn't know and doesn't know his great reputation, freaks out after hacking one up and having a problem with the other, and makes Mike out to be a scam artist. I can see how newbies like this will destroy trust from senior members because every senior member out there will have to worry about getting shit on after a sale.

Mike, you are a great guy, and it is obvious he has a rep to uphold by offering a full refund.

Trev

·
Registered
105 Posts
Jose:
your rigth but i didnt rigth that post nor did i have control over it. But still i didnt want to include you in this but since your going to stand on his side thats fine. You of all people know what went down.

second:
why dont you tell everyone how many times i talk to mike to come and fix the harness at home. He even said that if its not his harness giving the problem he is going to charge me for gas (Tell me what was the problem since you took it to him). Did he Fix it (no) I tried to take it to him after he blew me off for 3 sundays in a row. Not till i call you he didnt do nothing right. (Then you told me to deal with him rigth) so why are you jumping in now. besides who is going to take care of our gas bill for all the trips we made you only live 1 hour away. I know for a fact that your not. Still i was patient with you and mike even after the car had sat for 4 months waiting for a harness. Which we end it up making our own in the end.

supraturbo1987:

Unless you know me dont speak. You probably dont have a 1jz.

lenny:

Yes lenny this is that Robert.
Thanks for that intercooler its on the car pushing out over 400 hp with our on harness and still climing.

·
Registered
259 Posts
mk2spyder, what was wrong with the harness? Was it really that bad?
I thought Mike was the first to ever swap a 1j. Did you ever see that blue car he had in Super Street about 3 years ago? It was bad ass! Are you sure you hooked everything up correctly. I mean it doesn't make sense isn't he a electrical engineer or something. With his knowledge how could you screw it up it's not that hard.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I see this happen a couple times a year. Someone decides to offer a product or service on their own to assist the community, then somebody gets impatient or feels wronged without understanding the whole picture. Most here dont realize the time and effort that goes into doing a harness completely new like mike does them, of the amount of support mike gives back to the community. I wont speculate as to the specifics of this, but i know my car is using a harness mike made, and it works perfectly, and looks factory. The same is true of MANY other 1JZ's in the socal area, most of which i have worked on at one time or another. The harness quality is always consistant. Behavior like this is why more people dont volunteer time to develop products for the community on their own.

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
wait a second here, im all for people helping the community to make better products for cheaper prices, but something needs to be done about faulty harnesses.

I am friends with most of the guys posting in this thread and i really do not need to burn bridges or anything, but something needs to be said on the defense of the guys getting BAD harnesses.

Im sure Mike does a great job on making harnesses, but selling them at $900 a piece w/o having them tested before shipment is not the way to do business. Most of the guys doing 1jz swaps are on a time constraint and can not afford to have wiring not work properly. When things like this go wrong, waiting for the creator of the harness to help you is not very fun. NOT a good situation to be in. I would be extremely mad if my stuff did not work and the only person to blame was not anywhere in sight. I do not condone touching another persons wiring, but when you want your car to run, waiting on someone you dont know is never heart warming.

THIS is NOT the first time someone has complained about mikes hanresses. If these harnesses were checked, these threads would never pop up.

Its really funny that all the people that comes to his aid are the ones that live right next to him and those who have been his friend for many years.

If the harnesses mike made worked on the first turn of key, these threads would not happen.

Once again these are only my opinions and take them with a grain of salt. but, if it was me who made the harnesses i would damn make sure they were tested and filmed before i let them leave my sight.

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
90SupraTurbo1 said:
Jose:
your rigth but i didnt rigth that post nor did i have control over it. But still i didnt want to include you in this but since your going to stand on his side thats fine. You of all people know what went down.

second:
why dont you tell everyone how many times i talk to mike to come and fix the harness at home. He even said that if its not his harness giving the problem he is going to charge me for gas (Tell me what was the problem since you took it to him). Did he Fix it (no) I tried to take it to him after he blew me off for 3 sundays in a row. Not till i call you he didnt do nothing right. (Then you told me to deal with him rigth) so why are you jumping in now. besides who is going to take care of our gas bill for all the trips we made you only live 1 hour away. I know for a fact that your not. Still i was patient with you and mike even after the car had sat for 4 months waiting for a harness. Which we end it up making our own in the end.

supraturbo1987:

Unless you know me dont speak. You probably dont have a 1jz.

lenny:

Yes lenny this is that Robert.
Thanks for that intercooler its on the car pushing out over 400 hp with our on harness and still climing.
Just so you know...I do own a 1JZ...and I did my own harness extension and I have plenty of mods to boot....so don't you concern yourself with my "1JZ status"

As for my relationship with Mike, I do not no him personally, but i have had 3 business dealings that were just perfect with him (including him paying for next day shipping for me). So, seeing as he offered a full refund, there is no need for such heated debate. Just extend your own harness.

Trev

·
Registered
58 Posts
Jewishjalopi said:
wait a second here, im all for people helping the community to make better products for cheaper prices, but something needs to be done about faulty harnesses.

I am friends with most of the guys posting in this thread and i really do not need to burn bridges or anything, but something needs to be said on the defense of the guys getting BAD harnesses.

Im sure Mike does a great job on making harnesses, but selling them at $900 a piece w/o having them tested before shipment is not the way to do business. Most of the guys doing 1jz swaps are on a time constraint and can not afford to have wiring not work properly. When things like this go wrong, waiting for the creator of the harness to help you is not very fun. NOT a good situation to be in. I would be extremely mad if my stuff did not work and the only person to blame was not anywhere in sight. I do not condone touching another persons wiring, but when you want your car to run, waiting on someone you dont know is never heart warming.

THIS is NOT the first time someone has complained about mikes hanresses. If these harnesses were checked, these threads would never pop up.

Its really funny that all the people that comes to his aid are the ones that live right next to him and those who have been his friend for many years.

If the harnesses mike made worked on the first turn of key, these threads would not happen.

Once again these are only my opinions and take them with a grain of salt. but, if it was me who made the harnesses i would damn make sure they were tested and filmed before i let them leave my sight.
Very well said. I agree totally.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Jewish, I hear ya. But I ain't convinced.
I went back and reread the first thread a couple of times. It is pretty hard to understand the sequence of events that were done due to the poor english., but basically the harness didn't work the first or second time. He was pissed at HKSPower because he was going to charge him gas money if the harness wasn't the problem. Hello???

There is alot of other variables in play here. The ignitor circuit is pretty straightforward and some basic troubleshooting should have been done. A completely failing circuit is the easiest to troubleshoot.

First, grounds. If the ground wire was missed on the installation, (the two that go on the manifold) that is the ground for the igniter and it will not spark. Easy fix, but without doing some basic troubleshooting, you can't eliminate it.

Second, he stated that they put on the harness a second time and the car ran like crap. So he changed the turbo's and lost all but two cylinders? Why would you start changing things if you have a basic problem to start with? I am not sure that this person has a straight forward approach to problem determination. This raises a quesions in my mind.

I have no idea who "Mike" is and it very well may be a bad harness and I also agree that this harness should have been tested.

However, problems can still happen. Solder connections are inherently brittle and with a lot of movement, can break off or become intermittent. I have seen perfectly good harnesses get problems from overhandling on modded street bikes.

In the end, he offered to refund the money in full. This is as good a warranty as anybody offers. That should have been sufficient resolution without a trash note posted to the board.

Also 90SupraTurbo1, this complaint was posted to a public forum. If you don't like the comments (like Trev's), next time PM the people you want instead.

My .02

Marty

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got hosed by Urbano on a harness last year. It took over a year to get the harness back and when I did it was a total pos. Looked very nice at first. Nice tape job, labels, etc... Car did not start when harness was plugged in. Upon closer inspection I realized that Mike had done a terrible job. When I started to take apart the harness I found he had not soldered any of the wire extensions! He had just twisted the wires together and heat shrunk!

Mike Urbano does a terrible job and should not be allowed to sell on this forum. From what I have heard I was not a fluke. There is no excuse for what he did to me and what this swap has ended up costing me!

The car never got finished and I no longer have it...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.