Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, I wanted to re-introduce myself to the community. Actually I guess this is my formal "hi", as I've been on here for awhile. Anywho, I bought this car about a year and a half ago, and it's been a blast. Of course I've dumped large sums of money into it, but hey I have no regrets with this car, and I do not plan on selling it. As a matter of fact, this was the first car that I purchased by myself. I've done a few mods so far, but nothing major. When I bought the car, I knew what I was getting into. It had mismatched wheels (sawblades and some off brand 16s) :wtflol: , hideous pintripes, and later down the road, the engine was replaced. It's not a powerhouse by any means, just an NA, but I love it. I know it's still got a ways to go, so don't be too critical :) Anywho, here ya go.

And here are some of the parts that I bought.

Finally here's me and a pic of my lovely assistant.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Looking good bro. I think it needs a nice white 3piece spoiler on it though.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
supra8795 said:
Looking good bro. I think it needs a nice white 3piece spoiler on it though.
Thanks. I agree, it does need something. I do plan on updating the body. As for a spoiler, I plan to get the whaletail from Shineautoproject.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
I like it spoilerless. But anyway, it looks nice, very fitting rims. Keep up the good work !

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SupraOfDoom said:
I like it spoilerless. But anyway, it looks nice, very fitting rims. Keep up the good work !
Thanks. I picked them up not to long after I purchased the car. They are only 17 * 7 Enkeis, but I like the 5-spoke design.

·
The Radiator Man
1,363 Posts
SupraOfDoom said:
agreed!
I usually don't like the mk3's wingless, but the wheels complete it man, they're SICK.
I can't wait to get some money once I pay off my parents and get a new turbo among other things and finally get some new rims.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again guys. The body is not in the best shape, I have some hail damage on the hood, driver side fender, and the passenger side rear fender near the tail lights. But I will get everything repaired when I do the entire body makeover. I like the wheels, but I want to upgrade them to these next perhaps. What are some opinions?

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AGlobalThreat said:
I really like some of those pics. Do you have any hi-res?
Sure I can resize them, which ones you want?

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
As long as they are wider ;).

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
csolstad said:
very nice, maybe GTE swap in the future?
Well I made a post talking about trying to do that, but it seems like that is going to extremely difficult trying to find the parts I need. I WOULD like to, but apparently any spare wiring components for 89 Auto Turbos are non existent.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
tsuper92 said:
like what parts.i got a 7mgte auto ecu (gray plugs)and some other parts that would get you started.
Well the parts I need would have to be for an 89. I was told by several sources that for the swap to work, I would need to have the electronics(ECU and wiring harness) exact. I made a thread and got one decent response, but something came up with my car, and had to spend the money on my tranny. So I am sure the parts are not available anymore. Oh well, if I get another chance, I would gladly jump on the idea, as I have repaired the MAJOR necessary parts on this car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts