Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the 12" RE SE subwoofer. I'm planning to do a sealed box. The web site only offers ported dimensions. Anyone have the dimensions best suited for our MKIV Supra?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Somewhere in the 1 to 1.5 cubic foot range will work. The exact volume isn't as critcal as when ported. Here is mine.

·
BOOBIES
3,212 Posts
supra400hptt said:
Somewhere in the 1 to 1.5 cubic foot range will work. The exact volume isn't as critcal as when ported. Here is mine.
Yup,

good choice with the sealed box. I have mine in a ported box and it is just massive!

Next time I'm going the sealed route for sure >.<

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What exactly do you mean somewhere in the 1 to 1.5 cubic foot range? I'm still new at the game, thanks!

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,922 Posts
xbbsupra said:
What exactly do you mean somewhere in the 1 to 1.5 cubic foot range? I'm still new at the game, thanks!

(L x W x H)/1728 = N ft3

basically take the length times the width times the height of the enclosure and divide it all by the constant 1728 and you'll get the cubic footage for the enclosure. you can factor in the measurement of the wood that you're using too to get exact dimensions.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! I'll make sure ill measure today. For all owners, did you guys wire the subwoofer Parallel or Series?

·
BOOBIES
3,212 Posts
xbbsupra said:
whoa..this sub is simple amazing
Another satisfied customer :)

RE FTW!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts