Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is actually done? Is there a benefit? Is it needed?
Thanks Guys
Drew;)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ya mean what a brake shop will do along with the brake job??

In that sense, they put the rotor on a lathe and take a (hopefully) small abount of material off to make sure the rotor surface is flat.

It is a good idea to have it done with a brake job to ensure the pads don't wear prematurely, not sure if it should be done every time, but if your brake pedal pulses prolly ought to.

Rotors have a machine to width, if yuor rotors are too close to this width then new ones will be required.

Hope this helps

Chris

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I know, you're only supposed to re-surface your rotors one time.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kinna depends on how much material the factory leaves to be machined in the first place, if there is alot then it can be done several times. don't think many manufacturers leave much room anymore

·
Registered
197 Posts
You can resurface the rotors more than once as long as the rotors maintain a minimum thickness of: Front=28mm min. Rear=15mm min. This info is out of my Toyota repair manual for the 1995 Supra. A good brake shop should have access to these specs also.
Has anyone triied the EBC carbon fiber pads? If so, which ones, Green, Yellow or Red, and what are your impressions?

Richard

·
Registered
346 Posts
Lonestar Dawg said:
You can resurface the rotors more than once as long as the rotors maintain a minimum thickness of: Front=28mm min. Rear=15mm min. This info is out of my Toyota repair manual for the 1995 Supra. A good brake shop should have access to these specs also.
Has anyone triied the EBC carbon fiber pads? If so, which ones, Green, Yellow or Red, and what are your impressions?

Richard
Funny!! I was about to ask the same question...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts