Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I’ve been using redline shock proof heavy for years in my stock 6 speed dif.

Reactions: Wreckless

·
From the land down under
4,217 Posts
Redline 75W-90 here.

Ive always stayed away from the shockproof stuff as have read varied reports on suitability to various seals and synchros, so prefer to stick to the plain stuff :)

·
From the land down under
4,217 Posts
My small 200mm rear takes 1.65 litres, but I imagine the 220mm may take slightly more. Check the TSRM to confirm first :)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Redline 75W-90 here.

Ive always stayed away from the shockproof stuff as have read varied reports on suitability to various seals and synchros, so prefer to stick to the plain stuff :)
that is true with redline fluid in the v160 not the diff

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,201 Posts
Redline 75W-90 here.

Same, always used Redline without issue.

·
Boost Junkie
12,603 Posts
1.8quarts. Use the Mobil 1 stuff you can get at any parts store. 75w90.

Steve

·
2007 FSAE World Champion
1,291 Posts
The 220mm Rear diff capacity is 1.43 US Quarts.

·
Smith & Wesson Member
595 Posts
I’ve been using redline shock proof heavy for years in my stock 6 speed dif.
Using this with my 6 speed TRD diff for 12 years - Absolutely no issues

·
Super Moderator
10,115 Posts
The Redline Shockproof heavy is pretty damn ideal for the factory Torsen LSD. The Mobil 1 75w90 works fine too, but if you're really beating on the car from a dig or pushing more than 600whp through it, I'd go with the Redline Shockproof Heavy and I'd also budget for a proper clutch type LSD to replace the Torsen.

If you're below 500whp and mostly just cruising around and ripping it on the highway in street tires, you're not going to see much difference in LSD performance. I've always felt the Redline Shockproof made the factory Torsen LSD behave a bit more consistently but I cannot offer any empirical evidence of that.

·
Registered
96 JDM TT 6sp
48 Posts
Motul 90 PA has worked well for me over the years with a 220mm diff. Gears are in good condition now after 40,000km of 'spirited driving'. OS LSD install now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts