Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I managed to make it about 6 months without a Supra...but alas I must have some boost.

Been thinking about getting an MKIII, mainly because it's turbo and has small back seats, a two-seat car just doesn't fit into the family. (and it's much cheaper than an MKIV)

After reading over as much of the BHG threads that I could take, I decided that if I get a MK3, then I will replace the HG right away and not wait until it blows and causes other damage.

My question is, how much will it cost to do a MHG -OR- just to do a stocker at the revised torque recommendations. Just weighing my options....

I would like to make the same numbers that my MKIV did in the future, which was 437hp at the crank.

Any comments or prices would be greatly appreciated!

·
Captain Hammer
2,020 Posts
Well, if you do it, since you are in Atlanta Area, we "G-spot" Supra guys help each other out, most everyone's car is done and getting repaired. But the cost would be several nights of pizza and drinks, and we'll come and help. Pull the motor, deck the block, and put it back togather. That way you'll do the MHG right. PM if you want to work on geting togather(come to AAP tommorow, check the SE section for more info)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude, thanks a million! I added you to my AIM and I'll be in touch with you. I may even make it up to AAP tomorrow.

·
Captain Hammer
2,020 Posts
We take care of our own, we all know the 7ms pretty well, it seems every other month another MK III breaks, and we are there fixing it. Plus you have the benifit of myself and a few others working at a dealership, so we can get you the hookup on Supra parts too. Talk to you later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts