Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attached a picture of what i dont understand. I understand the top four parts on the switch but are the bottom ones ground wires?

also, what should i look for when buying a switch?

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
ur diagram is correct, go to radio shack and look for a switch that has 6 prongs on the back but only has two settings, a off and a on, some people get confused and buy a switch that has a on/off/on setting

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks a lot i appreciate it, ;), one other thing, where are theharnesses i have to remove under the engine and do i leave them unplugged?

Mike

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
personally i did it by the computer, that way i did not have to run anything from the engine and i found it to be much easier as the wires were really close to each other on the wiring harness

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
yeah i did it at the ecu too, much simpler, although i soon took it out cause i absolutely hated ttc with my auto haha

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well it says to disconnect the wire harness in the engine bay for some reason i dont know

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
yeah its very easy to disconnect, just loosen a bolt with a 10 or 12 mm ratchet, dont remember, do that and disconnect the battery and then get to work :)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i understand that but do i nee to disconnect it for a reason? do i keep it disconnected? or is it for some safety reason or soething i dont understand the meaning of disconnectingit. Thanks again for puting up with my retardness

Mike

·
Boom! Goes the TNT.
133 Posts
The correct type of switch for the e-ttc mod is a DPDT(Double Pole Double Throw) switch. Hope that helps.

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
once the battery is disconnected i dont think removing the harness provides any additional safety, but it does give you more play in the wires and more room to work with since there isnt that much when the harness is in. Its very easy to disconnect and when you reconnect just make sure you get it all the way in and tighten it hard cause if its loose the car wont start

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok thank you sorry for my ignorance

thanks fr the switch info

Mike

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How big of a difference will i be able to feel? I did this and i cant feel a difference aso im thinking i did it wrong. I cut the two wires in half, extened each end into the switch and grounded it. I believe thats all i have to do?

Mike

·
Boom! Goes the TNT.
133 Posts
In TTC mode the car has more lag, almost feels like the #1 turbo is missing. If you have a boost gauge you will notice that there won't be any boost until ~3000 RPMs? Anyway I attached another diagram for you to look at. Maybe your ground is bad, might want to check that.

MDoe8 said:
How big of a difference will i be able to feel? I did this and i cant feel a difference aso im thinking i did it wrong. I cut the two wires in half, extened each end into the switch and grounded it. I believe thats all i have to do?

Mike

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Grounding is simple. Take off the kick panel and find an exisiting ground screwed into the frame. Unscrew that and add your new ground to it and there ya go. :) Hope this helps.

-Mike

1 - 20 of 25 Posts