Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
The Good Doctor
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The long wait is over and I couldn't be happier that it is finished.

The story:
I took the car to Advanced Race Technology in Sarasota, FL a few years ago to build the car. Due to him going through 2 engines and stealing 2k from me it was time to take it to the professionals. I contacted Jay Meagher from Real Street Performance in Orlando, FL and discussed the possibility of them rebuilding the engine and fixing any issues they found. After Jay said he would take the car in at his shop, I opted for the RS1600 build package they offered. The car was shipped to Real Street in the middle of February of this year and it took no time for them to tear it down and build it back up. The guys at Real Street do not mess around and they get "work" done in no time! Jay kept in contact with me which made the wait even better. I am very impressed with their business and I will no doubt be going back for future modifications and tune.

The Build:

97 6SPD, Built 3.0L (RS1600 Package)
BW EFR Turbo 9180 1.05 a/r
FIC 2150's fuel kit
HKS titanium exhaust
AEM infinity
Full Race Manifold small runner
2 Tial 44 mm wastegates
Tial bov
Hypertune Intake 90mm
GSC S2 Camshafts
Manley Turbo Tuff Rods
Manley 3.0L Real Street Spec Max Effort 2JZ Pistons 86.75mm 9.25:1
Supertech Springs/Retainers
Pro-gram Billet Main Caps
etc.

I know there hasn't been much out there with this turbo so I wanted to share what I have done with it so if others may have thoughts about this turbo.

Jay said at 26 psi it seemed like it was turbine flow limited. All in all it definitely will be a fun car to drive.

I am sure I will be changing the turbo at some point but I really just want to enjoy the car after all the issues I had.

860whp / 686wtq @ 26 psi on e85

728whp / ?wtq @ 22 psi on 93 oct

643whp / 471wtq @ 17 psi on 93 oct

·
IG UPDATES @ #BADMTHRFUKR
1,936 Posts
Beautiful car you have and nice numbers :) a Big Props to RS for getting it done that quickly

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
Great numbers. Enjoy it. It'll be a blast to drive at any of those power levels.

Steve

·
Registered
777 Posts
Awesome numbers! Very clean engine bay too.

Any head word done besides springs and S2s?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Congrats!!!! Another victim of ART of Sarasota coming out a winner going somewhere else...

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Great looking car and impressive results. :bigthumb:

Any idea why the left shift between the blue and green torque curves in the second graph? The green tq curve crosses 300 ft-lbs @ approx 3200 rpm, but the blue line looks to be around 3800.

·
The Good Doctor
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome numbers! Very clean engine bay too.

Any head word done besides springs and S2s?
Nothing more than that at this time.

Any idea why the left shift between the blue and green torque curves in the second graph? The green tq curve crosses 300 ft-lbs @ approx 3200 rpm, but the blue line looks to be around 3800.
No idea but I will ask him about that.

Great numbers. Enjoy it. It'll be a blast to drive at any of those power levels.

Steve
Thank you and that is the goal right now.

·
NY56637
1,813 Posts
Nice setup! Big fan of green Supras especially wingless ones. Can we get a rear shot of this beast?

·
The Good Doctor
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice setup! Big fan of green Supras especially wingless ones. Can we get a rear shot of this beast?
Thanks you sir and I will get one soon. I am a big fan of your RR as well. I have been reading your thread in the MEMBERS RIDES forum :)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
That's an impressive amount of power from such low boost..

Congrats

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
I never knew BW turbos identification. Is that turbo comparable to a 72mm or 7675? Or something else?
Also, JW, I see you all used ProGram main caps. RS built the engine over, so I guess they didn't need to use their own branded caps?

·
Old School
4,051 Posts

E85 versus 93.

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
I never knew BW turbos identification. Is that turbo comparable to a 72mm or 7675? Or something else?
Also, JW, I see you all used ProGram main caps. RS built the engine over, so I guess they didn't need to use their own branded caps?
67.7mm wheel....thats why I asked about backpressure, dont see it being tapped out at 26psi.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
E85 versus 93.
Could be buddy. I wouldn't expect it to be a 600 rpm difference; maybe half that. But that could be within the error of the dyno.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts