Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
8,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to replace my catch can setup on my red car but didn't want to break the bank to do so. I've had custom catch can setups made in the past and spent more than I care to admit on such a "trivial" item. Real Streets setup looked good and was priced right so I said why not. I emailed Bryan @ Real Street and I had the can at my door in a few days.

Its a basic design with nicely machined parts, sturdy bracket, -10 fittings, and simple install (1 set screw, 1 bolt to hold the can on)...I'm all for it. I'm waiting on some material for lines/fittings to come in to connect to my valve covers but I will update with a completed shot of the setup when I do so.

The single mounting point on a solid machined aluminum bracket is like a rock, don't let the one bolt holding it in place fool you. The K&N filter while tall clears the stock hood fine. The anodized black finish looks great and will match whatever else you have great. I would rate the item based on quality/simplicity a 10 out of 10.

For now here are some photos of the can broken down, and installed. Please ignore the loose wires/vacuum lines...I'm rerouting some things ;)

Thanks guys,

Matt

·
Administrator
8,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I mean, there's only so many ways to skin a cat I suppose. Regardless for the money its a tough unit to beat. The quality of the machine work is very nice.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Good timing for a review. I actually started looking into specific catch cans to buy last night. Good looking can for sure. Having a nice looking mount ready to go helps as well.

Am I crazy though or did I not see this thing on sale for like 75 or 80 bucks a week or two ago? I coulda sworn right after they released that catch can video that I clicked the link to the can and it was only that much. Maybe it was just on super sale or it was a different can though. Not sure, I specifically remember looking at the price and thinking WOW that is way cheaper than I thought it would be.

·
boost life
2,502 Posts
What holds the bracket to the can .. can you measure the length of the can please and the measure from bracket to top of filter as well . I want to make sure it fits on sc300

·
Administrator
8,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What holds the bracket to the can .. can you measure the length of the can please and the measure from bracket to top of filter as well . I want to make sure it fits on sc300
A set screw holds the bracket to the can so you can rotate it as needed. I can measure when I get home...sure. if going in the same location I see no reason why it wouldn't fit.

·
Administrator
8,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The can is 6-7/8" long x 3.0" diam..the distance from the bracket to top of filter is approximately 2.80" , also add another .250" to the bottom of the can for the drain/petcock.

·
boost life
2,502 Posts
The can is 6-7/8" long x 3.0" diam..the distance from the bracket to top of filter is approximately 2.80" , also add another .250" to the bottom of the can for the drain/petcock.
thanks bro for the info truly appreciate it. Can I ask if you could measure from the bolt hole for bracket to where the can fits in . The closest edge towards bolt hole ,trying to make sure I can use the bolt hole in my sc similar to where supra are

·
Administrator
8,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The bracket actually fits in one of the three bolt holes that are in that area. You can move it around, I don't recall if the SC's have multiple holes there also. You have approx 1.50" room to play with depending on which hole you use.

Matt

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Will this only fit if you've removed your cruise control?

·
Swole
380 Posts
Damn just tried to order but they are out of stock!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Love this can... such nicely built for a resonable price.. I probably took the last one.

I just installed it on my rhd Sup

It didn't fit mounted on the chassis so had to mount it on the abs bracket.

·
Swole
380 Posts
Well are they going to make more or was that just some they had made?

·
powered down
1,497 Posts
Great detailed review! I am one who spent a ton a custom catch can, but this is truly all you need and it looks great!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts