Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would cause the "thrust washer" on the crank to be "eaten" up? im trying to get second oppinions

and what can help me from bpu protection from my dealership say my parts cause the damage

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Back in the day, this kind of thing used to afflict certain British cars when the owner consistently started the car with the clutch depressed - the logic was that the oil had washed off the thrust washers and the force of the clutch pushing the crank forward when the t/w were "dry" caused accelerated wear. It's pretty rare to hear about this type of failure nowadays.

Do you have an extreamely stiff clutch? Do you tend to keep the clutch pedal depressed a lot?

Bob
97 6-speed

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im really trying to prove a incorrect clutch installation could be my problem. they said my t/w were iin my oil pan

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive heard this is caused by running a lightened flywheel or underdriven pullies.It supposedly causes the thrust bearing to wear and the crank to "walk"

Joe

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how about improper clutch installation and or not resufacing a stock oem flywheel.

i took my car in for a trd clutch installation and when i get it back it cutts off when i push the clutch in and they try to blame it on my aftermarkets parts (bpu)

·
SupraForums Member
434 Posts
When you press your clutch in and yoru car turns off is like saying that when you turn the lights on in your room, the toilet flushes. Pushing in the clutch should have no effect at all on the engine stalling unless some really odd screwup took place.

When I installed my TRD clutch i dont recall messing wiht any wiring.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Crank walk.....DSM syndrome....That sucks man my condolences.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
MM97TT said:
how about improper clutch installation and or not resufacing a stock oem flywheel.

i took my car in for a trd clutch installation and when i get it back it cutts off when i push the clutch in and they try to blame it on my aftermarkets parts (bpu)
Do you have underdriven pullies or a lightweight flywheel? Just curious.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts