Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a bit of searching and saw a post by Ken which stated that Swantko has made a little over 1000rwhp on dual stock densos.

I am wondering if this is just a one time feat or is this a realistic limit for dual denso pumps? From my searching of the forums that has been the only time I have seen someone reference the power limit of dual densos from experience.

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
I never thought of that question but it does seem to be commonly accepted that one stock Denso can support 500whp safely, though some have shown that with proper support it can do quite a bit more....so twice that seems like a safe 1000whp....power and fuel flow are a pretty linear relationship.

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
what Nick said it's spot on from what I have gathered, seeing all these BPU's cars or even small single cars run 480 + constantely on 1 stock Denso would back up the claim of 2 densos able to support 1000whp

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
Injector size please if you know......
not sure if he changed something later, but this was one report he made:

....net result was 1028 rwhp at 34-35 psi (with some wheelspin on the dyno)... then my 96 lb injectors ran out and the boost could go no higher. This was a very safe mid 11 A/F tune with conservative timing...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Each Denso pump maximum capacity is around 550rwhp so in theory it should make 1100rwhp, but I wouldn’t take it any wear near that. You can get away with 1000rwhp on two pumps yes, but given the risk of one failing under WOT at the wrong time results would be catastrophic.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but given the risk of one failing under WOT at the wrong time results would be catastrophic.
We all understand this, as it gets brought up in every multiple pump thread.

If I ever get to the point where I would need more than 2 Denso pumps I would rather go with 1 big external and call it a day.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
you can easily push 1000rwhp on dual denso's, 1000cc injectors will be at thier limits, so 1200's would be safer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts