Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are probably a ton of threads on this, but I couldn't find anything and search is down so...
My car is not together yet but I have a pt67 turbo already. I was planning on an upgraded fuel system, 880cc injectors, twin GTE pumps, AEM, etc. However I'm considering downgrading to a pt61, stock rail/injectors, maybe one or two GTE/walbro pumps, vpc/safc or map ecu, just to save some time and money. I'm not shooting for big numbers since the engine is going into an S14, not a Supra. I'll be running a 245 tire max also. Can I get 450whp safely from a pt61 on stock fuel system and pump gas? should I just keep the 67? thoughts?

·
Registered
715 Posts
For me, I had the old .67, not the dbb type. I also had AEM and BL fuel system. @ 26-27 I made 643 @ the wheels. When and if I ever to it again with another Supra (should just by Sals old car )I would buy the Biggest turbo I could get my hands on. BIG. Go Big. Lag is over rated. After spending that much money on tuning and parts I want to make certain I would have NO PROB with the new ZO6. With a 61 you will, with a 67 (old type and maybe the new) you will. I put 40,000 miles on my Supra and just spent the weekend in a new ZO6. My 2 cents. I suspect 50 posts on this thread in 7 days. :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
I know there are probably a ton of threads on this, but I couldn't find anything and search is down so...
My car is not together yet but I have a pt67 turbo already. I was planning on an upgraded fuel system, 880cc injectors, twin GTE pumps, AEM, etc. However I'm considering downgrading to a pt61, stock rail/injectors, maybe one or two GTE/walbro pumps, vpc/safc or map ecu, just to save some time and money. I'm not shooting for big numbers since the engine is going into an S14, not a Supra. I'll be running a 245 tire max also. Can I get 450whp safely from a pt61 on stock fuel system and pump gas? should I just keep the 67? thoughts?

Ben, go BIG.... and you talked me into AEM.:nono:

·
Registered
591 Posts
haha, sell me your stock stuff Eddie! :lol:
I just sold my safc last week and I am waiting on a money order for the vpc. If you do go with the 61 on stock fuel I have a set of 550cc you can have. I think you will be okay with 450 on stock fuel, I know some people have pushed the 500 mark. You can always throw a cheap meth kit on, I beleive it helped me out on stock fuel.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool hold on to those for me and your stock ecu if you want to sell it too. I think I may go with the map ecu anyway, it's cheap and simple and I think it'll work ok for my goals

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
450 is not a problem for a 61 on pump. I have a 1K mile PT-61 if you're interested in a trade + a little cash.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok sounds like 450 on stock fuel isn't much of a stretch. What size are OEM Supra fuel lines? 8mm(5/16")? I think I'll run a stock GTE pump w/ booster, stock lines and external regulator. I'm going to keep the 67 since I already have it, at least try it out. Will the JDM ecu support 450 with only an SAFC? What is the range of the stock map sensor?

·
Registered
286 Posts
if i was you just get the map ecu1 for 400$ from power house racing. get rid of the map and run stock fuel.. i am running stock fuel on my 6spd supra. i have a dbb 67 and i have all stock fuel nothing done(no boost a pump or fuel regulator) im running 14psi on a very conservative tune and im at 460rwhp

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
Since your saying your gonna be dropping it into an S14 i'm guessing your probably gonna get a Aristo motor. So i would suggest getting the US 550cc injectors, the resistor pack to run them, just 1 OEM pump and some kind of AFC you should be good to go probably up to 500hp safely.

If you decide to go with the 67mm turbo, you probably wanna upgrade your entire fuel system. Thats from the researched i did on here on the forum.

·
Registered
591 Posts
ok sounds like 450 on stock fuel isn't much of a stretch. What size are OEM Supra fuel lines? 8mm(5/16")? I think I'll run a stock GTE pump w/ booster, stock lines and external regulator. I'm going to keep the 67 since I already have it, at least try it out. Will the JDM ecu support 450 with only an SAFC? What is the range of the stock map sensor?

Ben I think that the max on the jdm map sensor (if there is a difference between the u.s I dont know) is around 19 psi. I got this from supraforums.com.au

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
i ran 32psi on my jdm map sensor in my lexus and am currently running 19 psi on my current set-up due to lack of fuel tranny and such

1 - 13 of 13 Posts