Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all..

If someone has a spare harness laying around.. I need the alternator connection.. Mine is the old style like the 7M and I am trying to install a 100A 2J alternator.

LMK
-Matt

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea.. still fighting this harness.. haha.. Got your PM SupraJunky, I'll get back to ya this evening.

The connector I need is the rectangle style one, with the 3 pins inline.. I'm about to solder the damn wires to the alternator.. lol

-Matt

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
i payed 5$ for the housing at toyota,the only thing that sucks is it don't come with the connectors.i ended up pulling some connectors out of a spare plug from the clip i bought.i had the alternator in wired up in 30 minutes.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
MattOneDime said:
Yea.. still fighting this harness.. haha.. Got your PM SupraJunky, I'll get back to ya this evening.

The connector I need is the rectangle style one, with the 3 pins inline.. I'm about to solder the damn wires to the alternator.. lol

-Matt
I'm gonna SMACK you! Ugh, i poseted EVERY LITTLE Info that you need for that connector and how to wire it in! And yet here you are not having the connector that cost about $6 From Toyota and i even gave you the part number.

Oh well, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=264599

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
you can order the whole lead/harness/pigtail from toyota. you can just splice it in.

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
big t,i used your info and had no problems.that is till a couple of 6500 revs blew the alternator appart.damm autozone,now i'm sitting on the porch again.the next one breaks i'm buying a toyota one(thats what i get for being cheap) i did put 170 miles that weekend thought and loved every minute

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
tsuper92 said:
big t,i used your info and had no problems.that is till a couple of 6500 revs blew the alternator appart.damm autozone,now i'm sitting on the porch again.the next one breaks i'm buying a toyota one(thats what i get for being cheap) i did put 170 miles that weekend thought and loved every minute
Oh good, and yet bad... :) Sorry to hear about the alternator blowing up. There is not much that i will not buy OEM. I'm AMAZED with the quality of Toyota products. Just as Curt and Mike of Elmhurst. I've ordered the most odd ball parts from them and i had to have spent close to $2K just from the silly little things.

But car has a few new parts on it and i'm excited to almost have her on the road.

MattOneDime: Didn't mean to give you a hard time. It's just you have posted and even started another thread with that info that i gave in it. Hope you're able to get it the way that you like it.

Bryan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts