Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. So I took my car to Merchant's tire here in Durham since I use to work for National Tire & Battery which is the same company.. and I have a warentee alignment with them.. and well I went to the NTB in Cary and they fucked me pretty bad...

YEa ok.. So my car is having issues which I have posted here already.. it's not keeping an alignment.. I went through rear tires .. aka after 3k miles they were smooth as slicks..

The car was tracking straight.. not pulling.. steering wheel was a bit crooked..

Got new tires put on.. aligned again.. wasn't TOO bad.. I asked them to check EVERYTHING under there.. yea.. HA.. he first says "I didn't know I was suppose to check everything" well for ONE it's your damn job you fucking ass monkey! and another I requested it.. the guy at the counter says "well to check the bushings he'll have to take off the wheels" uhm.. why?

Well yea.. 2 hours I'm sitting there.. and I get new tires.. an aligment .. and a "everything looks great under there" Uhm BULLSHIT.. #1 I KNOW my transmission case is COVERD in oil due to my rear main seal pissing all over it.. #2 SOMETHING is causing my alignment to keep going out and my rear tires to be eaten to death..

So I say whatever.. still my sweet little self.. the guy says "you should take it to a body shop.. the frame is probably bent" grrr ok so someone wrecked the car bad enough to bend the frame yet never claimed it on insurance? yet fixed the entire car other than the frame?? damn they have money to toss away..

So i'm already pissed off.. trying to hold it in... I get home and inspect everything.. the damn wheel weights are right next to the spokes on my wheels.. RP-01s.. the little lip that the spokes are going into.. yes.. right there.. saying HI!! and there is a SHIT load of them on my left wheel.. which is odd because it's the right one that has a little bend in the lip.. but yea.. THAT topped it off.. I'm so fucking pissed.. everything is comming together and i'm about to rip someone fucking head off..

So.. in short hand.. aligment wont stick.. tires going FAST.. they say nothing is wrong as far as suspension goes.. everything looks un bent and peachy...suggest I get frame checked out

whats your view?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
That sort of shit questions creditbility of shops these days, especially those major chain ones. I knew a guy that went though automotive school, pretty much spent 36k there and still doesn't know shit. I would take the car to another location and to get work done.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the second tire shop around here i've been too.. God I wish I could do EVERYTHING myself.. but unfortunatly I don't have the equipment.. oh to be rich...

I'm seriously contiplating on just driving up to Roanoke VA where I was at and having the people I know to work on it.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Did the shop check the camber of the car?
Damn sec time if I was there I could help you out as I know how to do manual aligment checking.
Not always pointing a laser at the middle of the wheel will work.

I have a friend that had the same porblem with his nissan sentra ,whent to 5 shops and still had the problem, I check it for him whent to the shop with him,I told them to toe it like I said and it worked not 100% but @ 99% as his tires where going out from the inside out like 10%, when I told them to toe it my setup it whent for 10% to 2% only a tinny bit,but I finnaly found the problem turns out that he had to much weight on the car.(sound system,ect)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea they check everything..

and I have no weight.. stock inside..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts