Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup guys, i have a 5spd 87 supra with a non turbo motor, but i read about how that turbo motors have non lsd rear end, but i took a look at my rear axle, it said to use LSD oil only, so does that means that i do have LSD or it just uses the same oil, also what oil can i use for it? and where can i get it.

· Registered
355 Posts
If you check your Vin Code or Engine Code the book specifies what numbers/ letters are LSD diff. But, I'm sure you have a LSD the rear cover wouldn't say it otherwise. If you have LSD just use gear oil 80-90W with this stuff called Posi Trax or a LSD additive that helps with the LSD rear. So, just look it up I got the same Diff it's prob a 3.90 LSD rear which is good. 87 N/A!

· 7m love... dont hate.
2,728 Posts
n/a's have sport packages with the lsd's but all n/a's have 4.30 gearing. if its a sport is has a 4.30 lsd. use 75w90 -80w90 gear oil and add a lsd friction modifier additive. toyota sells the the lsd additive for like 10 bux i believe.

fyi all turbo's come with lsd's. pre89 have a 3.91 and 89+ have 3.73 gearing.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i just got this car not too long ago from this spanish guy, as i am my self too, but im not sure if he added it, also my rear axle says only LSD oil thats why i ask, also i thank you guys for letting me know which oil to use, also i have been trying to find on this site for the free vin check if any one knows it

also ill check that vin plate to find out

thanks

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
well i just got this car not too long ago from this spanish guy, as i am my self too, but im not sure if he added it, also my rear axle says only LSD oil thats why i ask, also i thank you guys for letting me know which oil to use, also i have been trying to find on this site for the free vin check if any one knows it

also ill check that vin plate to find out

thanks
Vin Check, make an account, and its all free
http://vin.calgaryfinder.com/

I think I have a 87-88 lsd diff on my car.

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
I got it from a junkyard. I never really checked it out, they prolly ripped me and gave me a na pumpkin, lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.