Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the light on my dash keeps telling that i have a blown bulb. i have checked all the bulbs and i noticed that it was my third brake bulb was blown. i replaced it but there's no power. i checked the fuses but they all good. my license plate bulbs were both blown and the glove box bulb too. my courtesy lights only worked when i press the button and not when the doors are opened. what is going on here? please help.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What we have here is a 14+ year old car.first check all the grounds in the back of the car.(the ones that bolt to the inner sheetmetal they can get rusty)

I had this happen to me and finaly ran a new wire from the brake peddel switch.

Got very tierd of checking all those wires in the back.

Jeff

·
Back to the remedy
255 Posts
I just got supra (87 turbo auto.)and the temp gauge worked for like 5 minutes out of the hr + driveback, never since then last week. My brake lights dont work at all (all 3) cigarette lighter,and my dome light doesnt work. I checked all the fuses and replaced the main brake light fuse at drivers kick panel, changed all bulbs and cleaned all the bulb connectors + checked ground. Still no brake lights, or dome light. Is there a second fuse that controls all of these?? or odometer or what may be the problem ?

·
Back to the remedy
255 Posts
bump... finally fixed my problem...yellow light failure sensor box in trunk was the problem its now in ziploc so it wont get wet if thats what caused it to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts