Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear stock toyota pads are almost done and I figured I would switch out the rotors at the same time. Whats a good rear pad for mostly street use with stock oem pads in front, but I do put on my carbotech panther xp's up front when i track the car so I need something to work well with those as well. Should I get another set of stockers or is there something a little better? Also I am guessing stock rotors, but does anyone reccomend cryoing them?

Thanks
Mike

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
I'd personally run stock pads and rotors on the street.

As far as cryo goes -- depends on the cost. Some people have cited fantastic results, but I'm pretty skeptical. From what I have seen so far it's not worth the $.

Hope that helps.
-Chris

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I run XP9s all the time, front, and rear. In retrospect, I'd run EBC red on the street, and XP9, or maybe the new 10 on the track. I'd also check out Carbotechs new street pad for the street. . stock rear rotors are fine. Carl

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By XP9 I am assuming that you mean 1109? Those are the compound that I have for track days and they work great, but they squeal and dust a little too much for my liking for the street. I will have to look into the 10s and the street pads though I am really happy with their products so far.

Mike

·
b00st junkie
433 Posts
I personally run Hawk HP+s around on the street. They dust a bit, but I love them. On the track, I use Hawk Blues. Once I kill off these pads, I was gonna try out the Carbotech stuff. If you don't mind dusting and a little squeal, the HP+s might be good. They also work decent on track but I'm just a lowly NA and won't see the speeds that you'll be dragging that beast down from.

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quick question, I just pulled out the old pads and they have some sort of metal shim between them and the piston, do I need to use this with my new stock pads?

Mike

·
Registered
265 Posts
MTR said:
Quick question, I just pulled out the old pads and they have some sort of metal shim between them and the piston, do I need to use this with my new stock pads?

Mike
Anti-squeel shims? Put them in for around the street. Leave them out at the track if racepads are going in. I don't think it matters too much either way.

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I just got done doing the whole rear setup and bleeding the breaks all around. The car feels really good now with some fresh fluid I cant wait to get it back on the track.

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts