Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know the rear camber is adjustable, despite what tires plus told me (morons) and my problem is that I cant seem to get the left rear to get rid of its negative camber.

The left rear appears about 1/4 lower than the right rear. And it has a bit more negative camber than the right side. I can't seem to adjust either.

My set up is Tein SS coilovers. The spring perches are adjusted to be exactly the same on both sides. I have tried adjusting the camber cam on the left all the way to either side and it doesn't appear to move the camber on the wheel at all, now this is just eye balling it, but I would have thought that there would be at least a little visible difference when adjusting it between the extremes. I plan to take it back to tires plus and POINT OUT the adjusting cams for the camber and toe and make them re-adjust them.

Is there any way to get more adjustment room on the camber?

Chris

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
The only way I know to get more adjustment range is aftermarket adjustable control arms or cutting and welding the attachment points on the subframe.

·
General Hooligan
208 Posts
i think i need to gusset weld the little tabs that the eccentric adjusters push on, last time i did an alignment they seemed to be bending the tabs versus changing the camber, i think this may be a slight issue, also could be caused by the stiffer h&r's i dunno but its shitty.....................has anyone else run into this problem??

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
I had no problems adjusting the rear camber on my car after putting the Tein Flex on...

You are adjusting camber and not toe-in right?

·
Certified Supra Nut :P
2,001 Posts
You could have a situation like mine where every suspension bolt was fused to the collar inside the bushing. All the bolts had to be torched out or sawzalled. Unfortunatly for me when jumped because a bit of slag fell on my leg, I burt a hole though the subframe too :rolleyes:

never buy a car from the northeast :(

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah that sounds like my car sammy- minnesota car so the suspension is super corroded. No good, maybe I'll have to find a parts car somewhere and get a whole new rear set up and new bushings and such. Hrmm, anyone know a place in minnesota with corner scales?

Chris

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had this problem too. The tabs can be bent to move them in the direction you need for the eccentric adjusters to move in. That will give more adjustment in that direction.

I also noticed that my lower suspension arm was bent in the spot where the two halfmoon shapes are cut into them. I must have hit something and it bent the arm about 1/2 inch. There was no way it would adjust out enough. I had to replace it for $90 from champion. I will soon get a 4 wheel alignment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts