Supra Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
JZA80
3,114 Posts
Can you post some pictures of how the screen looks with the rearview activated? Is the picture quality pretty good?

·
Garage Queen Club
2,822 Posts
Using a custom made 7" LCD screen, acts as my carputer screen (AEM tuning) and everything else you can do with a carputer.

IMAG0599.jpg IMAG0598.jpg

·
Highway Demon
2,869 Posts
Almost forgot about this! No holes to cut, good wide view of the rear. Make sure to connect to filtered power or you'll get noisy horizontal lines on the screen. I connected it to a small flip-switch since having it turn on ONLY when going in reverse, got annoying quick. Sometimes I like to keep moving in reverse but in neutral, and having the cam on full time is a better way to implement.

Also, barely noticeable from the back, being black and tucked up under the license plate light.

If you guys want this, I can print these out for a few bucks a pop (plus shipping)

Chasoon Waterproof Full HD Color CCD Car Rear View Reverse Backup Parking Assist Camera with 8 LED Night Vision

Sold by: FlyingAuto.USA

$23.59
I'd be interested. Can you PM me a price?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Got this done today, kinda a PITA, sweating bullets hacking up the housing for the LEDs. No need for glue, just drill small holes on each corner and screw in short screws to join both pieces. You have to run a wire from your headunit REVERSE wire to the rear. Splice this and the camera + wire to the reverse light + wire. I just de-pined the wire and did a tiny solder for all and reinserted, cam ground to the chassis. And of course, don't forget your RCA cable for your video. Hole for LED plug is too small too, gotta make it bigger.

Look for CCD Color Car Parking Reverse Backup Rear View Camera For Toyota RAV4 RAV-4.

Buy from lee.crusades. Do not buy from he.best2011, more expensive and was sold a POS with no lens or packaging. It looked used. Also, test the camera before going through all that....

·
Registered
435 Posts
You can buy cameras that go in the center-screw location--very stock looking. I bought this one off Amazon, but there are many different options: Vehicle Backup Camera,Exclusive... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NRN4QSX?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share. You do have to take off the rear bumper to secure the camera however...

Attachments

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,294 Posts

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,294 Posts
how did you mount it up that hole? did you have to remove the whole bumper to remove that screw on that ?
The screw has to be removed (for good). You have to remove the bumper to "nut" the camera into that hole and run its wire through the same body grommet that the license plate light wire runs through.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The screw has to be removed (for good). You have to remove the bumper to "nut" the camera into that hole and run its wire through the same body grommet that the license plate light wire runs through.
Yea I was looking at how I can put mine on, but I didn't have enough time to remove the bumper.

Gotta find time to remove the bumper now then. Thanks!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts