Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to make a new piece of carpet for the rear of my car. I am finishing up installing a stereo, which uses an 8inch sub in the oem enclosure, which obviously doesnt fit in the OEM sub hole in the carpet well. I assume that the factory black carpet comes pre cut, bound, etc. , which is useless for me. I have some samples from stockinteriors.com. The black sample from stockinteriors is thicker than Toyota's lightweight carpet, and a little bit darker, but that may be from my carpet being exposed to light for 89k miles. Anyway, anyone have suggestions? The only other black carpet in the car is the front and rear footmats. which are very similar to the carpet sample that I have.

Any suggestions?

·
What?!
2,107 Posts
Well that sample carpet that you got, you say it's a little darker but are people really gonna notice? Maybe you could just vinyl the whole rear depending on how extensive your stereo job is.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Im pretty sure you can order the stock hatch carpet without the OEM sub cutout. Im not 100% sure though...

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the OEM carpet costs as much as I think it does, then I have no interest.

The color of my sample is darker than the black rear carpet, but almost identical to the interior panels.

·
FAITH
605 Posts
GA*Red*Supra said:
Well that sample carpet that you got, you say it's a little darker but are people really gonna notice? Maybe you could just vinyl the whole rear depending on how extensive your stereo job is.
I would be bothered just knowing it doesn't match the front.

-Khader

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
Honestly installed in the rear of the car i dont think you will notice the difference or anyone else will for that matter. I've been lookin for a replacement carpet for the back also and i think ill ditch the carpet and go with vinyl/ leather or suede.

Alex

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Khader K. said:
I would be bothered just knowing it doesn't match the front.

-Khader
The only black carpet in the front is the floormats, which are a different material than the rear hatch carpet anyway. The interior is tan, therefore the real carpet in the front is also tan. The samples I have are a very close match to to floormatts. Im going to make sure it matches the interior panels pretty well, if so ill order some.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts