Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is normal or not but I just installed the weir #1 kit and my diff mines and grones while giving throttle in a turn. Is this normal? I followed the instructions to a T. Thinking about removing a whim from the spider gears. They had .004 backlash that's at the tight side of the allowable clearance.
Have any of you guys had this problem, does it go away?

·
7M Fanatic
3,066 Posts
Add more LSD anti-chatter lube additive.
The tighter a clutch type LSD is, the more it wants to talk back to you.
Adding more additive will quiet it up.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,147 Posts
Normal, had him install stage one and it makes noises on turns. Gets better after a few hundred miles but man does it hook up now!

·
Registered
915 Posts
On my rebuilt diff with the #1 Weir spring I added 1oz of the Ford friction modifier along with Ford Motorcraft synthetic differential fluid. They sell the Ford friction modifier in a 4oz container and I have no complaints with noise after about 3k miles. You did have your whole diff rebuilt and inspected correct?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I picked up some friction modifier but haven't installed it yet. Ive got the turbo out waiting on a replacement. That's a great big no on the diff rebuild. Back lash was in spec, gears/clutches looked good and I'm broke as a joke. so that's going to have to wait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts