Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awhile back, there was some discussion on the need to replace the rear upper control arms to fix the annoying squeek. I have a price of $850 to replace them from one dealer. At one time someone was going to do it themselves. Has anyone done this? How hard and where is a reasonable place to buy the parts?

Any other thoughts? Any comments on whether this is something that will eventually have to be done?

Love the car; hate the squeek.

thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
158 Posts
When I had mine looked at, they told me that I needed new upper and lower control arms and new differential mounts to get rid of the squeek. The total was $1750 so needless to say I haven't done it yet but am looking into doing it myself. As far as I know you only need to have basic tools and and some air tools. And after getting it back together you need to have it re-aligned. Other than that as far as I understand, it is pretty straight forward.

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
I was the one going to put it on, but unfortunantly i had an accident and before i had the car aligned i had the shop doing the alignment put the control arm on

·
road hazard
452 Posts
93MSB said:
I was the one going to put it on, but unfortunantly i had an accident and before i had the car aligned i had the shop doing the alignment put the control arm on
ever since the shop replaced the control arms, has the squeeking stopped completely?

·
Registered
922 Posts
You guys should look into poly bushings. I'm sure there are generic bushings that would fit. I know that the European poly bushing company that makes the front lower control arm bushings for the supra was interested in making a complete set. I would think that would be a better solution considering new ones would probably just wear out again.

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
toysupra1 said:

ever since the shop replaced the control arms, has the squeeking stopped completely?
I do not have the car back yet, there were bubbles in the paint on one side they had repainted so i am having them fix that right now. When i get the car back ill let ya know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts