Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
champion toyota, jeff watson.....i dont know who else would have an oem air strut for sale..........curt at elhurst.....both sponsers

·
Factory RSP Hardtopper
1,961 Posts
There about 100 bucks a piece. I just got 2 of them.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
Ill give you a Napa Quote tomorrow :)

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
thanks to everyone for replying....$100 a piece...why does everything for a supra got to be expensive.... :(
At Napa Autoparts:

819-4177 Hatchback Lift Support lists for $58.39 Your cost is $41.49

I would have to order it out of the warehouse.

Just giving you another option :)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
^ is that for an OEM replacement or a generic replacement? ALso will it hold the readr sopiler weight?

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
definitely interested, after adding my wing to hatch it doesnt like holding.
The part numbers are different for shocks with and without wings.

·
'93 Supra TT
480 Posts
has anyone replaced their struts yet? I bought mine but haven't done it yet. I heard you have to remove some panels from the inside of the car. is this true??

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
^ is that for an OEM replacement or a generic replacement?
I'm not quiet sure what you mean. It's not a Toyota shock, but it is a vehicle specific part number. It comes up as fitting a 1986-1998 Toyota Supra in our computers. On the Product Features and Benifits, it says:

Replacement Lift Support
Cylinder Ensures Factory Fit &
Function, Eliminates Failure
of Supports During Cold Weather

These should work fine with the spoiler. If I had one in front of me, I could swap it out and see first hand that they can support the spoiler fully, but again they are special order. My factory ones are still holding up, so I haven't had the need to replace them just yet.

·
Factory RSP Hardtopper
1,961 Posts
has anyone replaced their struts yet? I bought mine but haven't done it yet. I heard you have to remove some panels from the inside of the car. is this true??
They are a pita but well worth the few minutes. You will have to pull the side panels back to get at the 2 10mm nuts. The TSRM is very helpful.

·
'93 Supra TT
480 Posts
They are a pita but well worth the few minutes. You will have to pull the side panels back to get at the 2 10mm nuts. The TSRM is very helpful.
TSRM? Sorry, I don't know what that means.

Does it take long to replace the struts. I may do it this weekend if i have time. Can it be done by one person, or do i need a second person with me to hold the hatch??

·
Factory RSP Hardtopper
1,961 Posts
I'm not quiet sure what you mean. It's not a Toyota shock, but it is a vehicle specific part number. It comes up as fitting a 1986-1998 Toyota Supra in our computers. On the Product Features and Benifits, it says:

Replacement Lift Support
Cylinder Ensures Factory Fit &
Function, Eliminates Failure
of Supports During Cold Weather

These should work fine with the spoiler. If I had one in front of me, I could swap it out and see first hand that they can support the spoiler fully, but again they are special order. My factory ones are still holding up, so I haven't had the need to replace them just yet.
Can I get that deal locally? I have an account with bumper 2 bumper but not NAPA and I am willing to test them but by the time you add shipping from you to me it would be the same if I bought them local wouldn't it?

·
Factory RSP Hardtopper
1,961 Posts
TSRM? Sorry, I don't know what that means.

Does it take long to replace the struts. I may do it this weekend if i have time. Can it be done by one person, or do i need a second person with me to hold the hatch??
Toyota Service and Repair Manual.http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362377
You will need a second person or a broom handle your choice. It will probably take about 2 hours to do both sides.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
Can I get that deal locally? I have an account with bumper 2 bumper but not NAPA and I am willing to test them but by the time you add shipping from you to me it would be the same if I bought them local wouldn't it?
PM sent ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts