Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been done to death but please bear with me.

When i bought my '94 Supra it had the famous hatch rattle. I ordered what i though was the new hatch bumpers from Toyota and received both the top bumpers (for the hatchback upper section) and bottom bumpers (for the body). I looked at the ones I received for the top and they were identical to the ones on my car so i returned them. I don't know the part # for those. I kept the ones I received for the bottom because they were different from what was on my car.

My first question is, did Toyota ever redesign the top bumpers or were they always the same for all years?

Now onto the bottom bumpers. After reading thru several back threads it seems the part # for the updated bottom bumpers should be 67293-14051. I didn't receive that part # (not actually sure what part# I did receive because stupidly i recently threw away the package) I do have an empty package with a part # of 67293-14010 labeled "cushion, back door stopper" and I don't know if it is from the top bumpers I returned or the bottom ones that I kept.

My second question, is it correct that the updated part # for the bottom bumpers is 67293-14051? Better yet, can anyone tell me the part #s for the *old* bottom bumpers and the *new* bottom bumpers?

That should clear everything up, I have always wondered about the bumpers I received and the weird part # they had and now that my hatch is rattling AGAIN I could really use the be all end all answer.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Upper 67281-14050

Lower was 67293-14050 replaced by 67293-14051

The old 67293-14010 you have fits 82-86 MKII Supra's

Hope this helps :)

J

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
the new bumpers i recieved from toyota are as follows:

top: same as the old ones.
bottom: slightly diffrent, installed without that metal piece that sat in back of the old bumpers, it would seem they are a little bit beefier, and have added reinforcement compared to the old stoppers.

= rattle gone.

·
Registered
496 Posts
kale said:
the new bumpers i recieved from toyota are as follows:

top: same as the old ones.
bottom: slightly diffrent, installed without that metal piece that sat in back of the old bumpers, it would seem they are a little bit beefier, and have added reinforcement compared to the old stoppers.

= rattle gone.
I think that metal piece that you are referring to was actually embedded into the rubber bumper piece itself.

And yes the new rubber bump stops work great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts