Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was on when i got the car, so i seached the car and found the front left side marker light was out. replaced it then it worked fine light goes off. but if the e-brake is off, and i hit the brake it comes on(all lights still functioning) and i shut off the car, and turn it back on light goes off and it'll come on when i put it in gear.

any ideas?

my 3rd supra and first time ive run across this problem.

91 turbo, auto

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rear lamp probe

I had a similar problem with my lamp failure light not wanting to stay off. I replaced bulbs, that sensor thingee in the trunk (twice) and basically pulled my hair out. Turns out I had corrosion on one of the wire connectors at one of my tail lights. You have to take the trunk moulding out to get at it. If that's your problem, you should find a loose and/or corroded wire where it screws into the unit. Clean and tighten it an hopefully that'll fix it.

Good luck, Dan

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, cause ive replace all interior and exterior bulbs to be sure, and ive checked and all bulbs ARE working. i'll take a look and see if thats the problem tonight when i get off work. THANKS

~Pham~

·
Registered
500 Posts
Check your reverse lights if it comes on when you go in gear you pass reverse and the light will come on then you have the bad bulb come on. Also as stated the wire for ground in tail lights is held with a screw at each bulb and can get corroded but usualy this is not a problem in 89+ cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts