Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear main always leaks oil no matter how many new ones i put in no matter how many different ways i try installing it or lock tite it still has a drip. not a big one but enough to make the under of my car filthy every time i put it on a lift. Any ideas of how to keep it in and/or make it a more snug fit?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its definitely not the valve cover it could be the oil pan i just notice it seems to mostly be coming out of the little hole in the bottom of the bell housing and sure is making a mess under there

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah block and head were all redone about 2k miles ago so im still thinking more towards the bottom of the motor as the general area. If it was the shifter seal wouldn' it be the tranny leaking?

·
damn '02's...
649 Posts
Yeah block and head were all redone about 2k miles ago so im still thinking more towards the bottom of the motor as the general area. If it was the shifter seal wouldn' it be the tranny leaking?
Yes, and no where near the bell housing.

If it turns out to be a rear main, give your engine some ventillation....if you have some miles on your car, you probably are getting a decent amount of crank case pressure....relieve that sumbish....

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, and no where near the bell housing.

If it turns out to be a rear main, give your engine some ventillation....if you have some miles on your car, you probably are getting a decent amount of crank case pressure....relieve that sumbish....
The car has some miles but the motor is all new titan built like 5k ago and i have 2 huge breather tubes hooked up to the downpipe with one way valves that give me some really good vacuum. im starting to think maybe it just a bad gasket on that bottom part the oil pan goes onto between it and the block

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
the oil pans just use FIPG.. unfortantely.. once they start to leak the only way to fix it is to yank the motor, scrap the FIPG and re-seal it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts