Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i know there is a company that makes LS1 and honda type R turbo kits that mount the turbo in the rear.

i was wondering if anyone has thought about this set up? it would be a lot of piping but if clearance wasn't an issue, would it be a pretty good set up?

pros would be:

weight distribution would be better with the turbo in the back.
intake air temp would be slightly cooler. under hood engine temp would be cooler withOUT the turbo :)

cons: a lot of piping, clearance issues, long ass oil/water cooling lines, pressure loss and possibly lag.

i've ridden in my friends' Camaro SS with this rear mounted turbo kit and it felt pretty nice. it was a "weird" set up.. but it was still pulling really good and worked just fine. he had a FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER though.

· Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont think even with a rear mounted turbo set up like that you can run withOUT an intercooler. it MIGHT make the intake temps cooler but i'm almst certain you would still need an intercooler. that was the case in my friends' camaro SS. after he got the FMIC, he claimed that the intake air temps went WAY DOWN.

maybe he can post up on here. he posts under "zombiess"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.