Supra Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
764 Posts
I remember reading about this. Kind of an interesting concept as it is very unorthodox. I found this interesting article that claimed it lowered the temperature of the turbo and that there wasn't as much lag as expected, as the article says here:

"Since these systems are uniquely designed to function at the rear of the vehicle, it operates without any noticeable lag and will produce full boost below 3,000 rpm. This is because the intake-tubing volume is about the same size as most traditional turbos that are front-mounted with an intercooler. The system is a true bolt-on kit that can usually be installed in an afternoon. In an F-body, the intake tubing is routed under the car on the driver's side. The tubing's exposure to ambient air alongside the car also serves to cool the charge. Tests have shown that turbo outlet temps with 5-psi boost measured 175 degrees F (at the rear of the car) and dropped to 115 degrees F at the intake discharge up front. The pressure drop was 1/4 to 3/4 psi. The bottom line is that the intake tube acts as an intercooler, dropping the rear-mounted turbo temp (which is already lower than engine compartment installations) about 50 percent and with a very small drop in psi."

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/techarticles/148_0502_turbo/ :dunno:

Oh yea Jason, you should swing by one last time because curtis and I are moving out into different places by the end of may.

-Jason

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.