Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the holes for the 3 piece spoiler, are there any major differences between rear quarter panels of <88 and 89 and up cars? The reason I ask is that the 89+ panels are $550 each while the <88 ones are only ~300 each.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Those prices from toyota? Anyways no i dont think there is any differences between the two. I could be wrong though. Someone will chime in i imagine and let us know.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
There are a few different part numbers, but the panels are all interchangable based on car type.

N/A & 87-88 Turbo Hardtop
N/A & 87-88 Turbo Targa
89-92 Turbo Hardtop
89-92 Turbo Targa

Order what you can get. I think last I looked, a few were discontinued, but I can't recall anymore. I wanted to order a RH Targa one, can't remember if I looked at the one with spoiler holes or not.

I think you'll find that the "cheap" pre-89 ones that are ~$300 are supersceded by the newer 89+ part number. As such, the price list for the pre-89 hasn't been updated, probably in 10 years, lol.

No Supra quarter panels are available from Toyota for less than $500 USD.

·
Digital Dreamer
898 Posts
2 years ago I called and they wanted $925 each canadian for them. I carefully hung up the phone :rolleyes:
eric

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
You hung up the phone for $295... omg that is CHEAP!

I would gladly pay that or more.

I tried to get AE86 ones, and was gonna pay over $700 per side. I'd do it if they weren't discontinued!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BIGG_EASY said:
Um, Jeff, I said $925 not $295... :1poke:
eric

wtf....i read that as $295 too....

i guess I was seeing what I wanted to see.

my local toyota shop, god bless them and their overcharging, quoted me $957 per side.

in the end, i guess i'll get quarters cut off another car and order the inner housings from jeff watson.

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
well.. here....
87's and 89+ rear quarters have slightly different widebody's which could account for different part numbers

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Like I said, the part number superscedes. It's an equivalent part.

The newer number (for us) is likely due to being stamped in a different factory or something ;).

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jeff Lange said:
Like I said, the part number superscedes. It's an equivalent part.

The newer number (for us) is likely due to being stamped in a different factory or something ;).
yep, got the word on that from jeff watson.

screw new ones, I'm getting quarters cut from another car...take that Toyota and your 1000 dollar panels!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts