Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a thread about this goin on SM but I can't connect to it right now so I decided to make a thread over here too. Here's a little background:

So when I bought my Supra, the only thing it had was the stock radio and the antenna was broken so I couldn't get any stations and I don't have any cassetes so that wasn't an option. Then I looked around my room and saw I had an old PC sittin there not doing anything, so I was like, hey that would make a cheap radio/cd player/engine management/whatever else . I also had a cheap TFT LCD screen that I had got off Ebay for like $30 and was like, "I SHOULD PUT IT IN THE SUP!" And after hours of wiring and creating custom harnesses...I got it in there :naughty:

I also had planned on doing a rear seat delete awhile back and figured this would probably be a good time for that too. AND so I did that also.

I had started a thread on SM asking about different shift boots because I absolutely hate the style of the MKIII's and all of the aftermarket ones made...then I began to think. I freaking love accordian type boots...the AE86's to be precise, so I snooped around Club4AG and found a guy parting out a Hachi and got a near mint boot. Anyways! Enought with the yackin' and on to the pics...let me know what you think!

-Derek

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
cool idea. make a clean fiber glass housing and post some pics.

~scott

·
Registered
410 Posts
I see you got my "attachable face" on there LOL
Looks good so far, keep up the good work! Once you get it all dialed you will probably want a little better monitor, I recommend the Lilliput vga monitor. I've been running it in my car for a few years with no problems at all.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I gotta wait til the sun goes down a bit more and I'll take some pictures of the accordian. And thanks for the positive feedback so far!! This thing was a b*tch and a half, but definitely worth having music in the car now, haha :bigthumb:

-Derek

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heh, to each their own I guess...the beauties of modding. I absolutely HATE the stock boot and the leather remakes of it...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
*siiiiiiiiigh*...heh, because I signed up for this forum before I bought my supra. I wasn't even plannin on getting one and at the time I played a crap ton of CouterStrike and Day of Defeat and my game name has always been "SoccerMomPete"...so I carried the "Pete" over to here when I signed up. My name is actually Derek, not Pete, hah...I've had to explain this on a few forums, which also prompted me to just use my name which is what I did on SM.

-Derek (very much not Pete)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts