Supra Forums banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I'm currently fabricating 4 sets which are all spoken for. I can make you a set this coming weekend or next week.

·
Registered
310 Posts
VettViperKiller - Sending you a PM. I wanna get on the waiting list

·
Registered
94 Supra TT
2,167 Posts
My rear seat delete will be complete tomorrow but here's a progress pic and my old pics so you can see how it's built up:

Battery relocation with low center of gravity and between F/R axles for better handling. Massive main fuse, junctions, breakers all contained in the passenger side compartment. The driver side is being built for a storage compartment (tools, quart of oil, drinks, etc.) The box hardly weighs anything too. The only kind of heavy part is the MDF front of the unit. In fact, I hollowed out the 2x4 main brace for weight reduction and for a handle to grab, lol.

Off to the shop for professional completion. He redid my top and front panels, and made it all prettier :) The battery cover pops off and the storage door will be hinged.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
very nice! I like the idea of putting the battery there. Opens up the front for a big ole nasty IM

·
Registered
94 Supra TT
2,167 Posts
Yup, or in my case, a new washer reservoir, coolant reservoir, flex fuel sensor and remote battery terminals. I fit a stock size battery too, so I don't have to give up any juice. Here's the finished product. Please excuse the sawdust. I haven't had a chance to fully clean it and I gotta get goin soon. The tiny bump on the door panel is from a screw that was used for a hinge at first, but due to issues using a hinge, we decided to scrap it and just do a lift-off panel. The carpet holds it in nice and snug. I'll probably just redo that one panel cuz I'm anal.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Looks like you're running 6.5" speakers in the doors. What kind are they? And was it worth it to move up in size?

·
Boost Junkie
12,547 Posts
That looks heavy.

Steve K.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yup, or in my case, a new washer reservoir, coolant reservoir, flex fuel sensor and remote battery terminals. I fit a stock size battery too, so I don't have to give up any juice. Here's the finished product. Please excuse the sawdust. I haven't had a chance to fully clean it and I gotta get goin soon. The tiny bump on the door panel is from a screw that was used for a hinge at first, but due to issues using a hinge, we decided to scrap it and just do a lift-off panel. The carpet holds it in nice and snug. I'll probably just redo that one panel cuz I'm anal.
What seat's are those? That's actually where I was considering putting my full-sized battery as well, any fire concerns and are how are you securing it? Which relocation kit did you use?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
looks like a do-luck floor brace, made by carbing IIRC

·
Registered
94 Supra TT
2,167 Posts
Lots of questions, lol. The speakers are Boston Acoustics SPZ60 reference components.

Steve, it's actually pretty light if you can believe it :p The heaviest piece is just the 1/2" MDF front-most board since it had to support the two amps. The rest is a hollowed out 2x4 I used to keep everything aligned to each other, a small plywood backboard, and 1/4" particle board makes up the top pieces. I doubt it's actually added much weight over the rear seats that it replaces.

The seats are Sparco Milano II's in black/grey Alcantara. As for the battery relocation, I just planned it out on paper and bought all the junctions/breakers/fuse/cable that I needed. I'm not worried about a fire since all my power cables have fuses or breakers. I had a battery tray and tie down fabricated and it's bolted down through the body.

The silver bar is the Do Luck rear cross bar. It makes the car not feel like a wet noodle with the targa top off.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Lots of questions, lol. The speakers are Boston Acoustics SPZ60 reference components.

Steve, it's actually pretty light if you can believe it :p The heaviest piece is just the 1/2" MDF front-most board since it had to support the two amps. The rest is a hollowed out 2x4 I used to keep everything aligned to each other, a small plywood backboard, and 1/4" particle board makes up the top pieces. I doubt it's actually added much weight over the rear seats that it replaces.

The seats are Sparco Milano II's in black/grey Alcantara. As for the battery relocation, I just planned it out on paper and bought all the junctions/breakers/fuse/cable that I needed. I'm not worried about a fire since all my power cables have fuses or breakers. I had a battery tray and tie down fabricated and it's bolted down through the body.

The silver bar is the Do Luck rear cross bar. It makes the car not feel like a wet noodle with the targa top off.
Loving it, bet it bumps to with the BA's in there, thanks for answering all the questions.

·
Registered
602 Posts
So I found this thread a couple of weeks ago...and thanks to the guide and drawings I managed to do this to my Supra. here are some pics

Without carpet and carbon fiber:

Finished product:

·
Registered
1993 Supra NA | W58 -> 3.4 Stroked GTE | Jack's Stage 3 V160 2016 Focus RS (Daily)
1 Posts
I know I am stumbling onto this post pretty far into the future here. I was hoping to see if anyone had any dimensions on something like this. I am just finally getting underway with my build and I was hoping to mount an air tank behind me. Please let me know! Thank you!

61 - 78 of 78 Posts