Supra Forums banner

Rear Speaker Suggestions

735 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  TexasPancake
I would like to get your guy's input on some rear speakers.... One of my rear speakers is blown and i think its time to replace the rear set. What do you guys recommend? I listen to punk, hardcore, emo. And when i get tired of listening to that i like to mix it up with some rap and hip hop. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also id like to replace the fronts in the future as well...
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
If I were you I'd switch the fronts first before the rears. The fronts are far more important for you rather than the rears. How much is your budget? Are you running any aftermarket head units? If not your going to have to come up with a budget to work with. Because the stock unit will not be able to power any modern speakers decently. So your going to have to save up for a head unit and speakers. The rears are pretty much regarded as rear fill and it's only purpose is to add extra sound, but it shouldn't be the defining sound you hear, thats where the fronts come in for that reason alone.

And if you were to replace the fronts as well would you go with components? As they are the best in terms of sound, but you'll have to find a way to mount tweeters, either in stock location or better yet in the door, pillar, or kick panel. You should get an amp as well for the best sound.
:werd:
Well it all depends on the budget and if your willing to do a costume install
supra surprisingly comes with some odd stock speakers 4' in the front and 6'5 in the back on my setup i decided to go with 6'5 in the front and 6x9 in the back for the real big kick the price varies from sizes to manufacturers my self i decided to go with a infinity set for the rear and the front along with an amplifier total cost about 450$ but i will do the installation,
I would suggest most high name brands such as infinity or kicker, pioneer and after that select the price that suites you.
I would suggest most high name brands such as infinity or kicker, pioneer and after that select the price that suites you.
Kicker is not a high end brand, but infinity Kappa is
If I were you I'd switch the fronts first before the rears. The fronts are far more important for you rather than the rears. How much is your budget? Are you running any aftermarket head units? If not your going to have to come up with a budget to work with. Because the stock unit will not be able to power any modern speakers decently. So your going to have to save up for a head unit and speakers. The rears are pretty much regarded as rear fill and it's only purpose is to add extra sound, but it shouldn't be the defining sound you hear, thats where the fronts come in for that reason alone.

And if you were to replace the fronts as well would you go with components? As they are the best in terms of sound, but you'll have to find a way to mount tweeters, either in stock location or better yet in the door, pillar, or kick panel. You should get an amp as well for the best sound.
(1) I have an aftermarket head unit. It's a Panasonic CQ-C7205U
(2) I would say the most i would spend on rear speakers would be $150.
(3) When i upgrade my fronts I will be defintiely going with components
(4) I plan on picking an amp later down the road.

Thanks again guys for your help. So what do you guys recommend?
I recommend to do your fronts first and just switch the rears off. Aftermarket fronts will be louder than all 4 oem speakers. And aftermarkets speakers wouldn't sound nice with stock speakers so I wouldn't do that just my opinion. 150 can get you decent components. I have infinity components 6.5's and there nice, you can get them for about 120 on sales although msrp is 200+. Problem is though, components won't sound great with just a head unit powering them. You will need an amp if you want quality. But since you are planning to add an amp later and can't do so now then yeah I guess your only option now is just add rear fill. It's up to you though, right now I'm running infinity rears, just 6.5 coaxil's there non perfect line. There decent but can't run a lot of power in them and will distort if you run more than 70-90 watts. But if you keep them in the range there suppose to be there perfect, and only 75 bucks.
So what do u guys recommend in terms of rear speakers
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.