Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just wanted to share a part I fabbed up. Its a modified front strut tower bar to fit the rear strut tower. Its not complete, and yes I know the welds are ugly. Interior panels will need some slight modification to make them fit.

Comments welcome.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
outofstep said:
You can actualy do it without welding, just redrill the holes on a FSTB.

Good job though! Making your own stuff is great.
Yea I thought of that at first, but though it may weaken the metal to much and cause it to bend. This was solely just for test fitting to see if it can be done. I will use the machine shop at school to make a new flange with propper spaced holes and weld that on with the tig.

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
with the mk3 that's what you gotta do sometimes. Make things work. Nice job. Megan is suppost to come out with a rear one soon I think.

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
reduces flexing. Will improve handling. Also should help with acceleration because of the reduction in flexing.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^ In the front, you will get mixed answers. Of course it DOES help, but not that much. The best brace in the front of the car would be the one that goes from the strut towers, to the firewall.

In a targa car, the most flex is in the hatch area, and of course the a and b-pillars while the roof is off.

N

·
0 Posts
waynis said:
reduces flexing. Will improve handling. Also should help with acceleration because of the reduction in flexing.
should make a huge difference in targa cars

but to tell you the truth, since i got my front strut bar, i havent driven my car much at all, and it has been with either a BHG or friend rings. so needless to say, i havent driven the car hard since i got the strut bar and cant tell a difference yet. plus my car is a hard top

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
my rstb is welded one piece (no bolts / pivots) and was made from 1.5" square stock so it should be stiffer than most, and I did not notice a difference. Can you say placebo?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts