Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is how the tires are supposed to wear on our cars, but the insides on the back tires wear twice as fast as the outer edges. I really mean twice as fast to. I have 50% tread left on the outsides, but the inside edges are almost showing the wires.

Do I need to get the camber adjusted any?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have the same problem even after I did my aligment, it still wears on the indside:(

·
SAP R/3 Guru
834 Posts
Does anyone have a working setup ? if so please post the
values here

Thanx in advance

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
B

·
0 Posts
inner tire wear has nothing to do with camber.

You will need the rears adjusted for more "toe-in".

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
If the tire is wearing mostly on the first tread block on the inside, then you need more toe in. This is typical with Supra's when they are BPU or higher. Go with some toe in. Most places will set the toe at 0. This is not enough.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
408 Posts
Steve,

Is this beacuse the suspension actually bends effectively causing a toe-out condition when there is power applied? Makes sense to me. I thought my alignment guy was wrong when he added toe-in to the rear to check the tire wear, but I went along with it. He must have been right all along.

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
When accelerating, the suspension squats. This upward movement can cause toe out. Basically you add toe in so the tires will be a 0 toe when accelerating.

Later, Steve

·
Yeeehaaa, Jester's dead!
682 Posts
How exactly do you do this? Also, with the problem fixed, wouldn't launching be greatly improved due to better weight distribution on the whole tire instead of just the inside?

·
Yeeehaaa, Jester's dead!
682 Posts
anyone?

·
Registered
713 Posts
BrianJ said:
inner tire wear has nothing to do with camber.

You will need the rears adjusted for more "toe-in".

Ughhh, inner tire wear has a lot to do with camber. Toe does too. More negative camber will wear more to the inside of the tire..

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had the same problem on my 97 NA. The Toyota tech checked the alignment and it was in the middle of specs, but still the inside edges wore. He was afraid to tweak the alignment for fear of screwing up the handling. Find a tech that can/will adjust the alignment to compensate for your problem, not just hit the middle of specs.

JB

1 - 16 of 16 Posts