Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Long story short, I had to replace a damaged windshield in my Supra. But I’ve run into a slight issue.

While removing the old windshield we found the old busted Windshield mount (well what’s left of it) liquid nailed to the windshield, a nice present from a previous owner.

I have been looking for a new one with no success since and I’m starting to lose my mind…

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a replacement?

Part I’m looking for:

·
2JZ S13
2,220 Posts
i think that metal piece is glued in the windshield from the factory, my replacement glass has that mount upside down unfortunately.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think that metal piece is glued in the windshield from the factory, my replacement glass has that mount upside down unfortunately.
yeah that is unfortunate, usually a heat gun gets thoes off and you can get it remounted properly.
My replacement windshield didnt even come with one so now I have no idea what to do

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,872 Posts
Break it off the old windshield, and grind down the liquid nails (and whatever glass is still glued to it).

What brand is the new windshield? I've gone through 2, different brands, and both had the bracket mounted upside down initially.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Break it off the old windshield, and grind down the liquid nails (and whatever glass is still glued to it).

What brand is the new windshield? I've gone through 2, different brands, and both had the bracket mounted upside down initially.
The thing is, the actual mount is in 5 pieces and is missing quite a bit of material. Hence why the liquid nail was used.

The windshield was sorted by my panel beater who was fixing a few dents as well at the time (hail damage) I’ll have to ask.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts