Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
In The Sonoran Desert
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It would seem the weird noise I am hearing is the rear driver's side wheel. While changing the oil, I checked the play on the rear wheels and sure enough I could grab the tire and move the whole thing back and forth about 1/8th of an inch. The other side and other wheels did not budge.

How much should a reputable shop charge for this? Is it a relatively common ( same repair across different models ) repair? There is a great repair place here in Columbia (British American Auto Care) that I want to take it to. I guess I am looking for some assurance that this won't turn into a massive expense and "well it costs more fer dat dere import youz got" kinda thing

Thanks for anyone's input

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I'm in the process of changing mine right now, and I can tell you it is a major PITA. I'm not really sure what it costs for a shop to do it, but I can tell you to expect about $200 in parts if your hub is bad also. Jay Marks sells the bearing and seals for about $75. The wheel hub, which you may not need, costs $132. Driving with the bad bearing will result in the hub going bad as well. Mine was bad when I bought the car, so God only knows how long the car was driven with a bad bearing. If you've got the money for a shop to do it, I would take that route and save yourself the headache. I just like to have that reassurance the the job was done right.

·
In The Sonoran Desert
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that the price for both sides? I figure I would do both sides at the same time, and replace the hub as well. I've only put about 400 miles on it since I first heard the weird noise but i don't want to take any chances or be forced to redo the whole thing because I should have replaced the hub the first time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.