Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so...i have this roaring sound that speeds up and slows down when i speed up and slow down. sounds like its coming from the right rear. i jacked up the car and the wheel has a little bit of play so i am guessing its the wheel bearing. anybody agree?

where would i be able to get a good quality wheel bearing anyway? thanks

·
NorCal Haters Club
2,251 Posts
You sure it is not the pinion bearings? ANy oil leakinf from the front diff seal? If it is a wheel bearing it will be rough when you rotate it and you can rock it back and forth usually.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well....i'm not really sure of anything. i just know that the noise is coming from the right rear and there is a rattling sound accompanying the roaring sound that is connected with the speed the wheel is turning.

there is some oil on the rear diff, but not in the front, more in the back, and not leaking enough to drip, just looks like its wet.

i took off the back right wheel and i can jiggle the brake rotor when the caliper is off (not sure if its supposed to do that, i would guess no) and also if i grab the studs the wheel goes on i can move em and there is some play there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts