Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any tips on removing the rear wing? I’m trying to remove mine for the first time but it did not go well.

All the threads i rear said to pull up after removing the 4 bolts. Thats what I did and this happened... I don’t want to break the other side as well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind, the otherside was easy. It just popped right off with ease. I guess the first side was really stuck on. I had to use vice grips and a lot of force to pry the stuck aligning pin off.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nevermind, the otherside was easy. It just popped right off with ease. I guess the first side was really stuck on. I had to use vice grips and a lot of force to pry the stuck aligning pin off.
Would you be able to help a brotha out?! Since you are pulling it off, if you still have it off could you snag measurements/pics of the placement. I'm going to take mine to a body shop to install the factory spoiler. Already purchased the bolts, plugs, and seals along with an OEM spoiler from someone local. Just want to make sure they get it as close to factory as possible. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would you be able to help a brotha out?! Since you are pulling it off, if you still have it off could you snag measurements/pics of the placement. I'm going to take mine to a body shop to install the factory spoiler. Already purchased the bolts, plugs, and seals along with an OEM spoiler from someone local. Just want to make sure they get it as close to factory as possible. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Sadly, I put the wing back on yesterday since I only took it out to be able to polish where the wing and hatch meets. :( You got a factory wingless? Might want to trade that for someone who wants a wingless trunk.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sadly, I put the wing back on yesterday since I only took it out to be able to polish where the wing and hatch meets. :( You got a factory wingless? Might want to trade that for someone who wants a wingless trunk.
I do. I was just going to them drill into the OEM spoiler and install it. I appreciate the response though !

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,791 Posts
@chopsuiforui, there are indents inside the hatch itself that show where to drill. You drill up from the inside of the hatch, toward the paint.

Reactions: chopsuiforui

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,791 Posts
^ Y'know I can't find the pictures or posts now, but I would swear I read that there are marks on the underside of the hatch metal, visible through the square-ish holes. There are a few threads here with suggestions for placement, and technique. Also, you can Google "supra wing drill holes". Stefan (exvelocity) have some measurements in this thread: Pics of a factory wing hatch holes without wing on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts