Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer service dept says above needs to be replaced at little over 30K on '95 NA? Thought it was wheel bearing(s). Anyone have this problem with low mileage? Car is not driven hard. Accident involving undercarriage required bearings & seals on right side,plus axle shaft replacement--not OEM. Body shop mgr says impact/shock from accident would not affect rearend/differential self-contained unit? Cross members needed to be replaced. I think this was due to accident not part failure. Expert advice needed and appreciated! Thanks in advance for any help!

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
I can sell you complete differential for 350$ but shipping would be very expensive because it is heavy and I am from Poland

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Peter

Appreciate your offer of help,but yes it would be way too expensive! Will cost $1300US. Since you are apparently a racer who may have had an accident or two, do you know anything about the original question?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Why don't you have the shop/dealer open up the differential? This will show whether the unit needs to be replaced or not. I didn't understand part of your post:

Accident involving undercarriage required bearings & seals on right side,plus axle shaft replacement--not OEM

Why not OEM?

Anyway, I have a 95 NA differential with ~42k. I have no use for it. If you want to convert your car to TT 6-speed, I have the driveshaft for it too.

--Joey

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Joey,but good guys won one!

Lucked out! Warranty rep came by dealer found metal particles in fluid and approved new rear end! What all parts should be included with this? Is clutch, transmission, or other components affected? Past experience shows new strong parts can cause older weak parts to fail if they interact. Any opinions? Axle shaft not OEM because State Farm uses "quality replacement parts when available" Had I noticed this, I would have paid difference for OEM if I couldn't win with State Farm. Did put Toyota AC condenser rather than part SF wanted. Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
317 Posts
A little off subject, but I gotta ask.
Whats warranty like on these? I know regular was 3 years or 36K miles, right? And thats it, or is there a drivetrain warranty and what does that cover?

I'm just wondering how you got warranty to cover it. Extended?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rear end/diff covered

Right about 36,000 mi. warran. Eventhough car is '95, it is barely over 30k. Checked main records, agreed to fix.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a stock differential gears NOT the housing (I'm keeping the housing and getting a TRD diff) from a '95 TT 6 speed. If you are interested, let me know.

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Re: Thanks Peter

jakemarietta said:
Appreciate your offer of help,but yes it would be way too expensive! Will cost $1300US. Since you are apparently a racer who may have had an accident or two, do you know anything about the original question?
You should open up the differential and than you will see what is wrong with that, an accidend could cause a problem with it - you never know...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts