Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
"Ze Germans"
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I have a question about the REAS Suspension available on 97+ J-Spec RZ and SZ-R models. The REAS suspension is a hydraulic stabilizer. Do these cars have normal stabilizers, too? I'd like to swap the REAS suspension out for a TEIN superstreet suspension. Is this possible?

Thanks!

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
Given how rare these suspension are and the limited feedback (and the astronical cost to replace), the optional Bilsteins would be a better buy. Eventhen, finding ther optional Bilsteins takes patience.

Of the limited posts I have read, they do make the car less harsh daily driving and stiffen up nicely for more aggresssive driving.

I have yet to see a complete set for sale.

·
Registered
581 Posts
If this is what you're asking, then, yes, the Supra's with REAS still have an anti-roll bar. You can change out the coilovers just the same as you can with any other supra, but you should also remove the valve that sits between each set of coilovers. (Front + Back)

·
"Ze Germans"
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If this is what you're asking, then, yes, the Supra's with REAS still have an anti-roll bar. You can change out the coilovers just the same as you can with any other supra, but you should also remove the valve that sits between each set of coilovers. (Front + Back)
That's the answer I was looking for. Thanks pal!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Help! I have this same system on my Supra and have no idea how to fill it or bleed it?
I also have the REAS fitted but I've never found anyone that can give me that answer.:(

This is the reason most folk bin it when it is removed!? As getting everything off in one go is a nightmare!

·
Registered
790 Posts
You cant fill or bleed them, they come precharged from the factory and once they leak they have to be replaced.

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
You wouldn't be able to buy it in the US. You will have to check Toyota of Japan. Awhile ago, I remember a new price of REAS rivaled true racing coilovers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts