Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know everyone is always looking for a reasonably priced wheel for the Surpa in a good offset.

I found this on The Tire Rack and thought someone might be interested.

They are 18" 9.5" front and 10.5" rear in an offset that would allow a 265/35R18 front and 285/30R18 rear tire. These are for a new Mustang, but the bolt pattern and offset will work.

Someone needs to find out if the front wheel will clear the brakes and is you can get the appropiate hub centric ring, but other than that, it should work.

At least it looks to have a good lip, and black/grey center that is the current trend.

Besides, where else can you get 9.5" front and 10.5" rear for approximately $1,200.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...l=Mustang+GT+Coupe&autoYear=2006&autoModClar=

Later, Steve

·
Vigilante Toyo Tech
462 Posts
Hmmm

Never heard of the brand before but they look ok.

Your absolutly right, $1200!, try to beat that with a stick.

...people want $600-800 for good conditioned NASTY stock TT wheels, crazy!

·
Supra Newb
635 Posts
ive seen some people with Kazera's on their cars before, not that style but they look good. Ruff Racing Wheels are nicely priced also

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I could never see justifying $4000 for just wheels. Ruff's are nice, also Stern. I actually just found some gorgeous MSR wheels that have great supra fitment and are $950 for 19x8.5, 19x10s in chrome. Here's what they look like- first pic is just the wheel in chrome, second/third pic they're on a MKIV in black with 315s in the back on a 10" wheel :eek3: (i'll run 295s- 315s is nuts for that size wheel)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I bought a set of Wedsports of tirerack for my drag combo and they work/look great, are lighter then my CCW's and were very cheap. The whole set came mounted with the BFG's to my door for about 2k I think.

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
SSR's are reasonably priced and are quality wheels.

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
They have those wed's on clearance right now. I want to get them. I need to sell some stuff before they run out. 18x9F 18x10R.

I am hoping they will discount them even more since that turns out to be $2400 with tires, which would mean you got yours with tires for prob cheaper than these are right now on clearance.

Alex

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dangerzone,

One of the things that make these wheel attractive, is they offer a 9.5" front (most inexpensive wheels only come in an 8.5").

I also looked at a the Wedsports for track wheels, but the 10" wheel wouldn't clear my front brakes. The 9" front setup would be great for most applications, but the current trend of wheels having a wide lip makes the Wedsports unattractive to a lot of people. The Wedsports are still several hundred dollars more expensive then the wheels I listed, though they are a much better wheel and a lot lighter.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
428 Posts
I had looked at these but I couldn't find any reputable reviews of the quality of Kazera's online.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I found some rims at the tire rack that look pretty good but are a bit high on the cost. They are the O.Z. Superleggera III 18/8.5 or 18/9with a 33 offset for the front and a 18/11 with a 53 offset for the rear. Kinda worried about the fit though. Think these would fit without causing me any problems. Thanks Paul

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wouldn't put 18x8.5" +33mm offset wheels on my car.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey Steve what about the 18/9's on the front with a 33 offset. After reading all the threads about wheels you have posted it seems your the man to ask. Thanks

·
Registered
635 Posts
I had looked at these but I couldn't find any reputable reviews of the quality of Kazera's online.
I dont have any pics of my mustang that had Kazera wheels on it...but i had no problems with them...they were pretty light as well...21 Lbs each...in 17/10.5

·
Registered
428 Posts
Too late for me anyway... I stopped trying to find something inexpensive and got a good deal on some Ray's RoJa R2-5s in glossy black with a polished lip. They should be installed next week!

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
The thing about the wheels I have listed, is the offset and width.

First of all the cheap wheels are only offerd in a +35mm offset. A +35mm offset will only allow a 235 on the front and a 265 rear.

Secondly most all the wheels are 8.5" front and 9.5" rear. The 9.5" wide wheels are typically made for the rear and won't clear the Supra Turbos brakes.

The set I listed, will allow a 9.5" front and 10.5" rear. The offsets on those wheels will also allow a 265 front and 285 rear. Trust me, a Supra feels a lot more nimble with a 265 or wider tire on the front. I speak from experience, I have run a 285/30R18 front and 295/30R18 rear combo.

Finally the big advantage of the 10.5" rear wheel I listed, is it will allow up to a 315/30R18 tire (which may be possible with cut/rolled fender lips). Most 9.5" wheels are only recommended for up to a 285.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
American racing longboards ftw! assuming the correct offset can be found

1 - 20 of 42 Posts