Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my trusty stocker is approaching 200k on its odometer, and i caught the speed bug again. the car runs excellent except that it burns 1/2q of oil every 2000miles and i was wondering if anyone could direct me to a good rebuild kit or an engine importer.
should i bore out the engine and rebuild it to a 3.4L or should i just get a clean engine. which is more cost effective and what would be the realistic cost for going to a mild single setup for both scenarios? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
3.4L setup will run you over 10,000 for the parts, machine work, and assembly (depending where you buy your stroker kit from, you can get it cheaper than 10,000 for everything)

building a 3.0L with stronger pistons/rods/bearings will run you approx. 3000-3500 (using your old shortblock)

buying a new shortblock from toyota will run 2100 or so

So there is your options (obviously you can get more in depth, but a general idea of costs)

There are too many variables going into a single setup....would be better if you suggested a rwhp goal you wanted and go from there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i3oca said:
3.4L setup will run you over 10,000 for the parts, machine work, and assembly (depending where you buy your stroker kit from, you can get it cheaper than 10,000 for everything)

building a 3.0L with stronger pistons/rods/bearings will run you approx. 3000-3500 (using your old shortblock)

buying a new shortblock from toyota will run 2100 or so

So there is your options (obviously you can get more in depth, but a general idea of costs)

There are too many variables going into a single setup....would be better if you suggested a rwhp goal you wanted and go from there.

Well it isn't my thread, lets say anywhere from 500 through 650 more or less

1 - 5 of 5 Posts