Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far the motor is getting bored 20 over, JE pistons, full rotating assy balance, 3 angle valve job, reground/polished crank & cams, full ARP hardware, shot peened & resized rods, head/block decked to 9-14 RA, cometic metal hg.

Tomorrow I am ordering the new oil pump & full gasket set. Am I missing anything important? Is a new idler pulley recommended on this motor? What all does everyone generally replace during the rebuild? My budget is not infinite so I'm sticking to the parts that are most difficult to replace at a later time/most crucial to replace NOW. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
138 Posts
K, this is coming from a guy who has blown 2 headgaskets, one after about 10k on a full rebuild............theres my disclaimer.

New ARP headbolts... metal headgasket.....

The most important and crucial part to making this last is getting all of your torque specs correct and ensuring that you headgasket is done RIGHT! Make sure you check ALL of your lashings for the right specs as well or it will run shitty... my advice is that you just keep them all in order.

As far as the pulley, I wouldn't worry about it, maybe check the bearings and spring weight.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Head studs and Cometic Headgasket are being ordered by the shop today... I'll take your advice on the pulley and leave it stock. Anything else I missed?

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
resurface the head for shure to get that MHG to seal. The rest looks good to me.

~scott

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cre3d said:
So far the motor is getting bored 20 over, JE pistons, full rotating assy balance, 3 angle valve job, reground/polished crank & cams, full ARP hardware, shot peened & resized rods, head/block decked to 9-14 RA, cometic metal hg.
Already in the works ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts