Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister has a Legend, Type II engine. She has a bit of a rod knock so I am thinking about doing a pull and rebuild during my break.

Has anyone had any experience with Acura motors? I personally have never touched an engine other than a Toyota so I am hesitant. Do their motors have any *secrets* or anything that would make me want to just pull theI engine and send it to a shop?

I have done several Toyota rebuilds and they came out well, but that was because I followed the TSRM step by step. I need to get an Acura repair manual somewhere. Any ideas? I will check out legend.net for more info.

Any advice would be appreciated. My sister loves the car (94) and can't give it up.

·
Zoom-Zoom
617 Posts
You might try someone on www.acura-legend.com. It's a legend specific site, and might have some info on what items to buy or where to take your engine to get the rebuild. Good luck.

And post pictures! I have a 92 LS coupe.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info.

Kaze, I don't have pictures of the car on my laptop but I will post them in about 2 weeks. The car is a 94 LS coupe, absolutely gorgeous. My sister is in love with the car and refuses to part with it.

This isn't my sister's car, but it looks the same...same color, same rims, same everything

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nihilation said:
Also, the NSX engine and the Legend engines are very different, despite their similarly displaced V6 size and appearance.
Yeah, you are right. I remember reading somwhere that they used the same engine, but I must have misread.

The type II motor was a C32A5 (for the 94 LS), a SOHC motor w/235hp while the NSX used a C30A (91-96), a DOHC VTEC motor w/270hp, or a C32B (97+)with 290hp.

Thanks for the correction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts