Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am in the process of rebuilding my engine (7M-GTE). I was wondering if anyone knew all the gaskets and seals that i will be needing...thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
if you are planning a re-build i would buy the complete toyota gasket set from mvp motorsports. very worth it. make sure that you get a metal head gasket though.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
i might get banned for saying this :rolleyes: but honestly i dont nkow how much mvp has the set for but i know ebay gasket sets are pretty decently priced......

and yeah iagree get the whole set for a whole rebuild

B
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can pick up an Ishino gasket kit (Ishino makes OEM parts) for something like 250 bucks. I forget where. Search for Ishino and alphaoenz and a thread will come up with the info.

·
5,467 Posts
alphaoenz said:
You can pick up an Ishino gasket kit (Ishino makes OEM parts) for something like 250 bucks. I forget where. Search for Ishino and alphaoenz and a thread will come up with the info.
bleh! FEL-PRO OWNZ JOO! :D and like 200 bucks

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
for anyone interested, heres a price list from Jeff Watson for a stock rebuild:

Piston $46 each
Rings $156
Gasket Set $324.00
Rod Bearing Set $45
Main Bearing Set $102
Oil Pump $183
T-Belt $24
Water Pump $70

this is without the SOGI discount

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
The problem with the sets on Ebay is that most of them are the Apex sets- which have paper-type gaskets whereas the better types are a thicker fiber-type. Check Carmadillo.com . EXCELLENT PRICE, and light-speed shipping.

·
5,467 Posts
The problem with the sets on Ebay is that most of them are the Apex sets- which have paper-type gaskets whereas the better types are a thicker fiber-type. Check Carmadillo.com . EXCELLENT PRICE, and light-speed shipping.
all i know is ive gotten a whole gasket set by fel-pro which have worked perfectly....for about 200 bucks....

go figure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts