Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all my cousin has a new engine but i know that the engine in his car now is blow, lol i dont know what. but i was thinking of rebuilding it with some h beam rods, je pistons an the redoing it completly then selling it. what do you guys think that a engine like that co,mpletly redone from all gaslets, je piston, eagle h beam rods and bored out say 40 thou?

i know them rods and pistons will cost about 1200 plus shipping on ebay.

but what do you guys think, either for price or any suggestions??

·
Registered
348 Posts
If you are rebuilding and selling to make a profit you had better be a reputable shop with at least some type of warranty on it (along with being able to get parts at wholesale or below). But if you were, you probably wouldn't be asking here or price shopping on ebay.

If you are looking to make a small amount of money, just part it out. The 7m is a very tempermental engine to build, especially when you are looking for higher than stock #'s. I'm not questioning your skills as an engine builder (well sort of) I'm just saying that there isn't much room for error with these engines, and unless you really know what you are getting into and all the in's and out's of the 7m it would be fairly hard for you to get back the money you put into it.

Matt

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
boring it out 40 thou is a bad idea, as if something goes wrong, new block time!!!

you WON'T get your return on investment with an upgraded engine. DO a stock rebuild and sell it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts