Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my rebuild is nearly complete. Finally have all the machining done and parts back now just need the time to install everything. Here are some pics of the block after I painted it.

Here is the set up that I will be running a soon as she is all back together:
Block:
- Cleaned, decked, and bored .020 over
- Cryo treated Pistons .020 over
- Shot peened, resized, and balanced rods with ARP's
- Clevite 77 bearings
- Crank turned and completely cleaned
- ARP Main bolts
- New oil pump
Head:
- Rebuilt head with mild intake polishing(valves rematted, water passages built
back up, and head deck)
- Cam bearing surfaces cleaned.
- HKS 1.2mm MHG and ARP's
Now all the goodies:
- T61 Turbo
- All braided oil lines
- Custom FFI polished
- 4" thick FMIC
- 2.5" Hard pipes
- Full turbo back 3" exhaust
- S-AFC
- Walbro 255
- Denso 550's
- Lex-AFM mod
- Aeromotive AFR with braided lines
- Electric Fan
- Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
- 6 Puck street/strip clutch
- K&N Intake
- PLX 300 WB

That is about it for engine related stuff. Hope you enjoyed the pics and let me know what you think! :)

Seth

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
nice origional choice on block color.

~scott

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone,

Cannonbear:
Target is high 400rwhp, the setup is capable of way more but reliability is my main concern. So you may see a mid 500rwhp run on here from me, but I am will drive it at mid to low 400rwhp daily.

catch2nd:
Naw I am running the lex-AFM mod, I will edit that right now.

Seth

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A couple of questions for all you experts. What would you recommend the best assembly lube is and also how to get the entire oil system primed to eliminate dry spots?

Thanks,
Seth

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
before you put the timing belt, stick a drill on the oil pump pully and spin the pump till oil comes out the turbo feed.

When you go to start the car pull the EFI fuse and jump the clutch switch. Then crank for about 15 sec. stick the fuse back in and fire it up

S

·
0 Posts
Sethron71 said:
Well my rebuild is nearly complete. Finally have all the machining done and parts back now just need the time to install everything. Here are some pics of the block after I painted it.

That is about it for engine related stuff. Hope you enjoyed the pics and let me know what you think! :)

Seth
Damn Seth!

I could tell you were gonna make that thing a monster when you came to tacoma to the KK meet! Well that was a while ago, and you were talking about making your intake at that time. But wow! Congrats man, Thing looks badass!

Later
Brandon

·
2,275 Posts
Very nice! looks good are you running stock rods?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I don't know if it is the best or not, but the shop that did my machine work gave me a bottle of Clevite engine assembly lube. It is this red S that comes in a blue and white squeeze bottle. They build some nasty race motors and use it exclusively.

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
catch2nd: Thank you for the helpful information

snowboarder61: Hey Brandon thanks a lot. Hopefully I will be up your way quite a few times this summer when I finish her up.

silverinferno84: yes stock rods with that work done to them.

Faded87T: Alright Clevite assembly lube, I will look for it asap. Thanks a lot for the information.

Seth

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
im so jealous of you mk3 supra guys! you can boost such high amounts reliably on the stock computer with just a freakin FPR!! us mk1 mr2 guys have to go standalone for anything even nearly reliable...

but nice setup none the less! how bout some pics of the noble steed this block will be goin in?

S

·
0 Posts
Sethron71 said:
catch2nd: Thank you for the helpful information

snowboarder61: Hey Brandon thanks a lot. Hopefully I will be up your way quite a few times this summer when I finish her up.

silverinferno84: yes stock rods with that work done to them.

Faded87T: Alright Clevite assembly lube, I will look for it asap. Thanks a lot for the information.

Seth
Well if your out this way, give me a call. I dont know if you still have my # or not, so if you dont lmk and i'll pm it to you. Would be awesome to see your car again, and maybe get some people together again. Turbo'd Civic's are horrible btw! :run:

Later
Brandon

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MR2ninja: Thanks, as for the noble steed this is going, it is not so noble at this time and has not been for a long time. It is paint job less. But I will slap some pics up later.

Seth

·
Registered
41 Posts
that block looks good enough to lick.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts