Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a set of recaro's and i was wondering fi they made or someone else makes the brackets an sliders to mount them in my car, on recaros site i didnt see that they made brackets for the supra, or can i just use a set from sparco?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Try http://www.wedgeengineering.net/ Long Beach, California. It took me forever to figure out they are pretty much the only people who have these brackets. Really cool people. They helped me out after I had tried their bracket that wouldn't work w/ my car/seat arrangment. Great people.

-Enrique

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have seen one or two post on here where they install the recaros on your factory rails. That way, you can still have power seats!

·
4 T's and an X
2,126 Posts
NooBSupra said:
I have seen one or two post on here where they install the recaros on your factory rails. That way, you can still have power seats!

I am looking into getting some recaro's and this would be cool

·
Registered
374 Posts
Try looking for DC5 integra type r recaro seats they fit the rails with some modifications. DC5 is the Acura RSX type r version.

·
Supra Member
1,821 Posts
kingerm said:
Try http://www.wedgeengineering.net/ Long Beach, California. It took me forever to figure out they are pretty much the only people who have these brackets. Really cool people. They helped me out after I had tried their bracket that wouldn't work w/ my car/seat arrangment. Great people.

-Enrique
I have the Wedge brackets... the fit pretty well!

·
Mid Atlantic MEGA MEET
530 Posts
I am looking at getting the newer Evo black leather Recaro seats and am wondering about the brackets also. Any other info is very helpful.

-Ryan

·
4 T's and an X
2,126 Posts
Here is what i just picked up today. I have sliders but need mounting brackets. Guess I will give wedge a call

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im getting my recaros in a week so when i get them and installed ill take some pictures on how everytihng turns out hopefully i dont have too much problems with the wedge brackets

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
Their very quick. I dropped off the seats in the morning and they were done by lunch time. It helps that i live only 5 minutes away from them. LoL. From what i've heard their the only ones that do the brackets and sliders for Recaro seats, unless you get them stright from Recaro. Overall the quality of work is good, but the slider part isnt all that great. It takes some musle to move the seat back and forth.

·
4 T's and an X
2,126 Posts
They are the SRD's. I was going to pick up my sliders and brackets on Friday but Wendal said they didnt have any and it would take them a week to make them. So hopefully I can get them friday

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
You can order Recaro rails for Supra from Toyota, although you will pay through the arse. Toyota optioned Recaro's in the JDM Supra.

I have a pair of Leather Recaro SR3, and just bought some second hand Supra rails from a friend who sold his Recaro's to someone with a GTR. Apparently brand new from Recaro they don't fit properly, and need a small amount of modifying.

Dan.

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
Will do as soon as I get a chance, with the Supra in the workshop at the moment I'm stuck with public transport. Meaning over an hour to get home, whereas the drive is 15 mins. Going the 5 mins from my work to the workshop will add another hour or more to the trip :(

Dan.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
some of u s here in the states though dont have the luxiriey of buying jdm parts for our cars off of other nice japanese supras

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
TT Tercel said:
They are the SRD's. I was going to pick up my sliders and brackets on Friday but Wendal said they didnt have any and it would take them a week to make them. So hopefully I can get them friday

That sucks man. but atleast your'll be happy when you get a quality finished product. What day you plan on coming up? If you want i know a couple of other MKIV owners around here and we would love to check out your beast. Anyways those SRD's are the most comfortible seats i've ever sat my fat ass into, too bad they stopped making them.

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
boost700 said:
some of u s here in the states though dont have the luxiriey of buying jdm parts for our cars off of other nice japanese supras
Honestly, finding wrecked Recaro optioned Supra's is pretty rare, in fact I've never seen one. So you would be buying them new from Toyota, I'm sure Curt could source them.

Dan.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts